t w e n t y . s e v e n (taeseok only)

A/N: OMG! 2.1k *screams in whale and appreciation towards readers*

"...You okay there buddy?"

They say that a simple welcome from a stranger can change something beyond belief. 

But what if that welcoming reminded you of someone whom you're trying to forget?

"...You okay there buddy?"

Taehyung pushes his glasses up and walks over to the young newbie in his station who looks clueless of knowing how to start the photocopying machine. He works upstairs, where they save the spots for the best workers and policemen in the station. Taehyung hears about him: Jeon Jungkook - golden at everything and the station is lucky with their Chief nearly screamed when they're carrying the Ace in their hands. A living, breathing treasure.

"Oh yeah, sure.. I'm working on it?"

The other lad finds it hilarious when Jungkook trying to shoo him off politely since he's the youngest. However, Taehyung has been the observant with Namjoon while interrogating the witnesses and suspects for a long period of time. The subtle going-up in Jungkook's answer is no where to hide once travelled through the sensitive hearing of Taehyung...

"That's weird..." Jungkook pouts and rubs the back of his neck cutely, eyeing the machine."I turned it on... And it's plugged..."

"You did a great job in understanding the fundamental functions of a copying machine" Taehyung states after chuckling before whacking his left hand on the machine loudly, still remaining his smile. "That my friend, is the final step of how to start Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency's copying machine."

Taehyung looks over and a visibly tensed Jungkook nods at him and smiles.

"Did I scare you?"

"Well, um..." Jungkook again rubs the back of his neck at murmurs a yes. 

"Hm.. A way to create an impression," Taehyung shakes his head disappointingly which makes Jungkook wonders if it's him or himself that he's talking to. He then sees the older reaches out a hand, firm one, waiting for a handshake. "Pretend that never happened, ok? I'm Taehyung."

"Jungkook..." Jungkook reaches his hand out to shake, plasters on his face his brightest bunny smile at his friend and hyung on the lower floor."

And that smile engulfs Taehyung's heart with inexplicable warmth.

"Hey!"

"The fuck are you-" Taehyung nearly screeches when a much more freezing sensation hits his cheeks, he is surprised when in front of him is a formally-suited male. If that's not weirder than his orange hair, which makes it weirder and more peculiar since it's the park, an orange-haired lunatic might wear a suit and come here to charm people and push them in the river when they're caught off guard...

"Fuck off, bitch." Taehyung uses his hand to push away the cold sensation which he later makes out that it's a can of soda. He looks at the male sitting beside him, lowering the can he's holding down for Taehyung to take a look at the other's face. He has a strong cologne from his formal suit he's wearing. Facial features are normal but when pair with each other creates an unforgettable beauty, which, Taehyung shrugs off like nothing. He would have even thought this lad looks like a horse if it hadn't been for his sunshine smile that he's wearing - an attire that's shinier and more beautiful than his appearance.