s e v e n t e e n

A/N: It's been like forever since I last updated *laughs*. I hope you enjoy this crappy chap and wish you all a great day :)

The following moment after Jimin landed his right foot onto the floor of the morgue is a gush of sterile wind formed by the swinging motion of the door tearing into him. His brown orbs lightly grace the place with chills running down his spine. The morgue is just a normal-looking room, similar to the ones in the wings they passed although the air seems to be cleaner and not to mention, the smell is much more intense, musky lockers summat. Jimin wonders how he would survive in the next few minutes, just by looking at the cold-looking, callous metal boxes that Jimin fully acknowledged what's in.

"Follow me closely, okay?" Jin says with an assuring smile and Jungkook gives Jimin a light squeeze on the shoulder, reminding him that he's still here and give him a sense of company to decrease the stress running in Jimin's veins.

"Keep your breathing normal," Jungkook says in a low and husky voice which Jimin feels guilty to be turned on while in this situation. "We still have to check the body then we can leave."

Jimin nods and returns his gaze to Jin's undoing a lock of a metal drawer-like box. His broad, Pacific Ocean shoulders nearly covering all of the box, making it impossible for Jimin to fixate onto what's inside. His heart in his chest is racing like formula 1. He secretly feels grateful for the comfortings of Jungkook. But for them, he would have been dead due to a heart attack.

The moment the drawer opens, he feels a ringing in his ears.

A clean, white sheet covers the corpse except the cold, withered feet and a tag is hanged on its left hallux. Jimin feels his inner self shake in fear as he can nearly outline the victim's face due to the shadows casting on the sheets.

Jin carefully peels off the pristine sheets. Slender fingers trail on them smoothly and skillfully indicating he has done this numerous times. A distorted and bony face appears with ghostly white irises and dried tear-like blood, staining his face. Mouth opens wide and lips chapped dry, showing yellowish teeth. The body seemed to be screaming in fear and hopelessness before drowning in his inescapable death...

"This is our victim, Lee Chin-Hwa, son of the CEO." Jin mumbles audibly. Sadness evident in his voice. "His best friend is a friend of mine. Boy, he was desperate and I spent a whole day comforting and nursing him in the hospital. He fainted and barely ate anything due to the sad news..."

"That's sad, hyung." Jungkook sadly says. Mixed emotions fill his lungs while thinking of the victim's best friend suffering and being alive like that is worse than being dead. "We'll complete this case fast and find the heartless murderer."

Jin draws a breath and nods encouragingly. "However, while doing my section yesterday, he talked to me about Chin-Hwa."

Jungkook shoots a surprised look at Jin and after giving an observing Jimin a glance, he asks nervously, "Did you find anything that might be useful for the case?"

"He like clubbing and goes to bars weekly." Jin answers nonchalantly but Jungkook still finds it very much useful information. Anything can be useful depends on what occasion and what situation we use it in. "But the thing is he prefers going to 'underground' to 'normal' ones."

"Underground ba-?"

"Jungkook can you give me that tweezer and zip-lock bag?" Jimin's head seems to be focused on the corpse's face and his small hands reach out for what he asked for. The other lad quickly gives him what he needs, a pair of silver tweezers and a small zip-lock bag and with curiosity coming from him and the oldest, they both huddle their heads to see what the new detective has found. His small hand carefully lowers itself down, merely touching the wrinkled and dry brown skin. It trembles lightly when Jimin has to use some force to grip the small, almost invisible black paper-like object and pluck them out between the teeth.

"I found this.." Jimin says and putting it into the bag. "At first, I thought it was a piece of food you would usually have when you don't use toothpicks summat but judging from the crispness and figure, this might be a cigar wrapper, if I'm not wrong." He shrugs but holds the bag up to the direction of the light, making the small piece of wrapper turns from black to brown. "See, this has a dark-brownish color if you notice carefully."

"Wow Jimin," Jin exclaims, surprised. "I've never seen such a whole-hearted colleague like you before. Most of Jungkook's colleagues were lazy or 'doesn't even care to carry their brains with them' like Jungkook said"

Jimin smiles lightly due to the serious tension in the room. That's all he found. Nothing more, nothing less.

"About the underground bars, hyung. Do you know any?"

Jimin is admiring the trees passing by while they were driving home, sunshine unfolds and spreads orange fabric on his lap and hands. He holds his hand, pretending to grasp the sunlight and pouts like a child when he's greeted with nothing but air and orange rays after opening his hands. Sun is setting behind the violet clouds and the city begins to dust itself with lights, from the bridge they're currently driving on.

"Sadly no, Kooks." Jin's eyes are still fixed on the road ahead, hands placed casually on the steering wheel and answering Jungkook in a peaceful tone. "His friend only knows that he goes to underground bars."

"How does he know that?" Jungkook asks while absorbing Jimin's movements.

"He knew that ever since Chin-Hwa told him that cigars and wines and beers that normal bars have don't 'please' him enough." Jin answers, "After returning from underground bars, smuggling some type of drugs with him, he told him how good the wine was and how dope it was at those bars. That's how he knows."

Jungkook nods attentively and notices Jimin was listening to their conversation all along. Words slipping down his pink bubblegum lips. 

"Cigar wrappers indicates the content and quality of the cigar, seen in what as 'much flavorful' ones"

Jungkook looks at him in confusion while his eyebrows crease. "So you mean that the victim smokes only fine cigars?"

"You can say that, but for which type, I guess we'll have to wait until we get to the lab of the station." Jimin says nonchalantly, still being fascinated by the dusk. The outline of the tall buildings begin to manifest on the horizon, blocking the zest-like colored rays and Jimin can hear the sound of cars honking, heels clicking in the back and busy people shuffling on the road to get back their homes after an exhausting working day. It was peaceful, really and when Jimin rip his gaze off the familiar city view to look at the young cop sitting with him at the back of Jin's Mustang. He's looking back at Jimin with something... fondness in his eyes that made him felt smitten. Sunlight makes his fluffy raven hair glow with golden and the moment his eyes crinkle whenever he grins is no less than attractive which makes Jimin automatically relax.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not just the scene that's peaceful...