o n e

A/N: This is going to be what Jungkook looks like the whole fic ^ ^
I think I'm gonna faint because of Nochu 😂

Being a valedictorian is hard.

At least that is what Jungkook usually nags about to his co-worker, Seokjin.

Although countless times he was honored in front of many other officers by his chief, he feels as if he was going to explode, similar to a slowly-ticking time bomb or a sink overflowing with tap water. Jungkook is strained as if all the energy inside him is drained until the last drop of adrenaline. He is always the one dealing with paperworks, profiles and investigations. Sometimes the chief accompanies him with a partner, however, it didn't and still doesn't help him much with the serious business he was dealing with. Partnering him besides his mates is like providing him a fork to eat soup. It'll only be a pain in the ass.

Another thing that intensely bugs him is the "valedictorian expectations". He loathes it when he has to grant the surroundings what they want and expect from, things such as ace of detectives must not be wrong on the headings of newspapers in bold whenever the detectives gave a false statement about what had happened to the victim and so on... Jungkook doesn't give a flying fuck to this issue and suppose that the writers writing these articles lost their brain and they're still in the progress of finding it while writing these. At least, the detectives have tried their best to solve the case and their theories vary differently. It would be normal if they concluded wrong and needed to fix it once again to be publicized.

However hard it will be, Jungkook will always be named as the ace of Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. Jungkook is good at coping with stress and has a mild and calm attitude towards others. Besides enclose investigations, he was once included in the 24/7 patrol team due to his well-built figure, flexible physical strength and intelligence. He was and now, the most favored by the chief and has formed meaningful bonds with other colleagues, mainly with the ones working on his floor.

Kim Namjoon is the person he befriended first, he is his hyung and acts as "the fatherly figure" of the floor. Although he isn't the chief, Jungkook can still sense the fatherly and dictating aura surrounding him. Namjoon is sensible and reliable, Jungkook always shares his workload with Namjoon if he needs help. However, Namjoon is clumsy and he does find it funny when he sometimes trips or slips on the floor and Jungkook has to hold his laugh back to save himself a serving of jajangmyeon.

Kim Seokjin is the most important source of information and acts as the radio of the floor. His job is yo announce the floors what happened recently to conduct a meeting and organize an investigation, partner or individual. Jungkook didn't notice his presence much in the station until he spotted Namjoon chatting to him while enjoying his coffee break. Being the oldest and trustworthy, Jungkook would nag about his work to Seokjin and wait for him to comfort like a mother. To him, Seokjin is like his second mother and sometimes, he can be a very professional" rapper" when he was pissed off by one of the workers on the other floors dissing his cooking.

One of the things that makes Jungkook want to stay at the Police Agency is shipping Namjoon and Seokjin (he wasn't deaf at all when Namjoon was saying random pick up lines to Seokjin and making him giggle while he was casually strolling by. What can be more fun watching love birds flirting with each other?).

Lastly, Kim Taehyung, who is a transfer from the first floor. Tae will mainly be entertaining Jungkook while he is fed-up and in urgent need of something to brighten his mood. Tae would talk to him, make him laugh or even care for him when he's sick. He's grateful to have a friend like Taehyung and not one second did he not trust or suspect anything about him despite the rumors spark from Tae's previous working floor that he once tried flushing a co-worker's phone for erasing his profile documents on computer.

Jungkook thought that co-worker deserved it anyway.

Besides, Tae is one of the smart ITs in the Agency so having a live connection to computer issues won't be much annoying.

Jungkook's hands are now dancing with ease on the keyboards creating small subtle clicks and tiny little thumps mixing with the sound of flipping papers, the normal working sounds that filled the air. Normally, when a culprit is being escorted in the rooms to gather basic identifications, the place will resemble much likely a frenzied shopping mall, loud, noisy, sometimes chaotic. However, Jungkook feels thankful for giving him the peace he longed for months. He can peacefully work and type away his previous results about the investigation about a gruesome murder of a family of six. He feels bad for the family, because their children were also murdered according to what he had collected...

"Hey, Detective Jeon," He feels a hand placed on his shoulders and he snaps his head back, being met with a man with pale porcelain skin and a feathery raven fringe hidden under his shiny black police hat.

"Good evening, Chief Yoongi." Jungkook slightly bows and smiles when the man standing besides him patting his shoulder playfully.

"No need to be that formal kid, I'm barely your uncle or father." The chief shows his signature gummy smile. "Yoongi is okay."

"Okay hyung~" Jungkook teases him and chuckles.

"Aish... this kid." Yoongi places his arms and hands behind his back. "Have you finished this?"

"Not yet," Jungkook answers, eyes not leaving the luminescent computer screen. "It's my shift tonight here anyway. I'll just stay in and finish it."

"Don't overwork yourself," Yoongi hums. "Besides Namjoon, you need anyone else?"

"Tae is fine but if he's busy let him be." Jungkook types and scribbles something onto his small notebook, hugged firmly with stiff crimson-colored cardboards.

"Alright kid," Yoongi walks away and soon, he is helping Taehyung with labelling the profiles.

Jungkook feels peaceful and jubilant. He just needs to finish the documents, print it and give it to Seokjin in order to be transferred to the first floor to label the pages and back to Tae to be shelve on the cases. Only five more pages to go and he has Namjoon to accompany him, maybe Tae too. He cracks his knuckles and continues to type his documents. Ten at night and it's their assigned nightshift, Yoongi cleaned his table and bid his goodbyes to Jungkook, Namjoon and Taehyung before marching downstairs. They continue their work, with the exception of Jungkook since his eyes were feeling sore instantly after Yoongi had left, he rubs his tiring eyes and stares at the ceiling, relaxing his body and closes his eyes for a bit. He feels tired and it was only 3 minutes after nightshift...

This is going to be a long and exhausting night.