#38 - Fade away

Author's POV

I sit up. "I'm never gonna find her hyung, never. I give up."

He sighs and sits down on my bed next to me, slapping my knee. "Don't be like that Jungkook. You'll find her one day, I know you will. And when you do, you can drive your dagger right through her heart and watch her crumble in front of your eyes."

That sounds good.

I smile a little, raising my eyebrow. "Well I like the sound of that."

Now the sound of that makes him want to be sick. Want to scream, want to hurt people, want to hurt himself. But the sound of that has flooded his ears. And all he can do is watch.

Watch her slowly crumble in front of his eyes.

As her smile fades and her head falls backwards, she slowly shields her beautiful eyes, never to be opened again.

Abandoning the dagger to his side his mouth hangs open, holding her from collapsing backwards onto the ground. He gazes down at her form and reality hits him.

He's done it. He's completed his, no, the widow's mission. And now he's free.

"Goodbye Kookie. Have fun without her."

Jungkook's breath quickens as anger bubbles up inside of him. "I hate you." He whispers. "Get out of me!" He then yells at the top of his lungs.

Pain surges up inside him. He screams, holding his head up to the sky as the black widow makes it's grand exit from his body. A black smoke-like substance leaves his mouth and rises into the air, before going poof.

Jungkook's no longer the black widow.

He's free.

And that's when it properly hits him.

Agonising sobs escape from his mouth, looking back at the lifeless woman cradled in his arms. He holds her to his chest, burying his head in her neck. Trembling, he lifts his head, tears dropping onto her flawless skin.

Touching her face with his fingers, he presses his cold lips against her forehead. For some reason he can't control the tears leaving eyes. He rests his forehead on hers, and simply cries.

A warm patch then seeps it's way onto his shoulder, and looks up. "H-hyung she's...I..." Saying them words is impossible to even think of saying.

Sighing, a frown appears on the elders lips as he crouches down to Jungkook's level.

"Why did I have to fall in love with her hyung? Why?!" Jungkook yells with his eyes stinging with water, making his vision blurry.

"Jungkook..." Yoongi grabs the back of his neck, and pulls him into his chest. Jungkook turns his head into his warmth and sobs hard, whilst still grasping onto the dead body of his first love.

***

~1 day later~

Balls of light hover above the ground as the whole of Heaven gathers around the palace. With their heads down and some holding bunches of flowers, they wait for the Princess to arrive.

After hearing the news, the people were heartbroken. Knowing that their beloved Princess has been killed was a shock to them all.

They don't miss the powers she had. They miss her.

Hana's body has been placed in a beautiful white and gold coffin, after being cleaned and prepped. Inside she is surrounded by lilac petals matching with her dress.

Her hands are brought together on her stomach, and around her neck is a necklace with a 'J' symbol on the end, given to her by a 6-year old boy.

That 6-year old boy, now all grown up, is watching the ceremony from afar. No emotion is shown on his face. Just blankness and regret radiates off him.

The coffin floats above the ground, moving towards the location where she will be buried.

Walking behind it is the King and Prince of Heaven followed by three of his and her trustworthy friends. Their heads also hang low, occasionally glancing at the body infront of them.

They take one last look at her face before the coffin is slowly lowered not too far into the ground, still peeping out of the surface. A separate white lid is then placed on top.

"My precious daughter. You've been taken, stolen from me. At such a young age. May your mother's warmth guide you to the light, and you will be missed dearly by your friends and family." The King places a bunch of mutiple pastel coloured flowers on top of the lid.

Seokjin turns his head away, biting his lip to stop the tears from falling.

Hoseok notices and pulls him from the back of his neck onto his shoulder. Silently, Jin breaks down and Hoseok rubs him on the back.

And that's it. Kim Hana is gone.

The dangel will never see her again, maybe in his dreams however. That's if his mind will allow him to have dreams and not just nightmares.

The other four dangels approach quietly behind him. They stop, not knowing what to say or do.

"Jungkook, we need to go." Taehyung says softly.

Without sparing them a glance Jungkook shakes his head. "Why am I still standing here, if she's not standing with me?"

Silence.

Jungkook harshly turns around. "What's the point hyung? Why am I still alive? I don't deserve to be! The things I've put you all through, what I've put her through...why haven't any of you tried to kill me?"

All of them are lost for words. "Don't be ridiculous Jungkook. Regardless of what you do to us we'd never think of hurting you."

Jungkook chuckles. "That's where you're wrong, Taehyung. Because I can think of one person off the top of my head that would think of hurting me."

Namjoon narrows his eyes. "Don't say it."

"Me."

Slipping the dagger out of his belt he holds it at his neck. Locking eyes with all four of them, he doesn't stand down.

"Jungkook stop it. Let's go."

Jungkook backs away. "No Yoongi! I'm a disgrace to the dark angels! Give me one, one good reason why I should still be breathing."

"Because we love you."

"So did she Nari, so did she. And look where that brought her."

"Jungkook, I said stop." Yoongi hisses, edging closer and closer.

Jungkook once again shakes his head no. Firmly grasping the dagger, he begins to slowly drag the cold metal against the skin on his neck, beginning to draw blood.

He's going to end himself.

"NO!"

Instantly, Jungkook stops.

Stops moving the dagger and stops moving altogether.

Not because of Namjoon shouting 'no' however. Not because of Yoongi telling him to stop. Not because of Nari saying that they love him. Not because of Taehyung saying that they would never hurt him, no.

He remembers something.

Something very, very important.

Realisation strikes his eyes and he throws the dagger aside on the ground. Relief washes over the four dangels, but confusion replaces it indtantly as Jungkook transforms into his wolf and sprints out of the room and down the stairs.

Disregarding his name being yelled behind him he continues to run. They aren't important right now, nothing else matters now.

But what does matter, is that he gets there before someone else does.