#23 - Irene

Jin's POV

"I'm here I'm here!" The warrior angel yells from the top of his lungs, sprinting from round the corner and slowing down when he reaches us. Jiwoo comes running up behind him.

"Where did you go?" I ask.

"I...was helping this kid with his wings. He uh...got a wing stuck in a tree, so I helped him get it out." He explains, with a huge grin on his face.

Hana and Jiwoo sigh.

He's definitely lying; that's another one of his downfalls. Other than bring scared easily, he's terrible at lying. He's the worst liar ever.

If you're suspicious about something, you always, always ask Jung Hoseok. His excuses are always legendary.

And you just know by the blinding smile on his face that he's panicking inside. But I have more important things to focus on, so I'll deal with him later.

"Okay." I just say.

I then see out of the corner of my eye a group of people appear. I shift my eyes from Hoseok to them. Because they're a far distance away, I squint my eyes in their direction.

There's about 9 or 10 angels, warriors and defenders, walking towards us from the entrance.

But there's someone walking a little ahead of them. Their leader.

I spring up and a small smile slowly is drawn on my lips. My heart pounds away faster and faster, as her face starts to become clearer and clearer.

Pull yourself together Seokjin, she's not even here yet.

I clear my throat and rake my hands through my hair, desperately trying to fix the mop on my head.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Jiwoo looks at me weirdly, as she hasn't seen them yet. She follows my eyes and turns around.

"Oh." She then realises and turns back around with a smirk on her face.

"Ah, they are here!" I hear my father's voice from behind us. He then stands next to me, holding his hands together with his head held up high.

"Jin hyung, calm down." Hoseok says quietly.

I take deep breaths. "What if she doesn't like me anymore?" I whisper.

"Why would she not like you Jin?" Hana questions.

"Yeah, that's stupid, she's probably missed you as much as you've missed her." Jiwoo points out.

Jiwoo then looks into the distance somewhere, and whispers something in Hana's ear. Hana looks in the same direction and tension builds up on her face.

"I'll be right back." Hana says quickly and dashes off behind the palace.

My eyebrows furrow and I look in the direction she was looking. I see two people crouched down behind hedges scurrying off.

One of them looks like Jimin, but the one behind him I don't recognise at all.

I must be hallucinating, because I could've sworn the clothes the other one was wearing were black.

Before I can question it to Jiwoo, she's also dashes off where Hana went and Irene's already in front of us.

"Your majesty." She looks at my father, bowing along with the other troops. She then looks at me and bows and I bow in return. She looks back at my father. 

"We've managed to obtain few minerals, but before we could look for anymore we were ambushed by dark angels. So we had to come back earlier than expected. My apologies your majesty." She bows again and my father holds his hand up.

"You don't need to apologise dear, you've all done the best you could. And we haven't come back empty handed which is the good news. And of course, none of you are harmed, right?"

"Some of us have bruises, cuts, nothing major. On the whole, we're okay." She nods, smiling. She gives me a glance and her smile raises more, before quickly looking back at my father.

My father looks too and from Irene and I, his eyebrow raising slightly. "Ah yes, we can talk more about you two inside. But I'll give you time to catch up with eachother." He pats my back and goes back into the Palace.

The rest of the troops disband in different directions, some to unload the minerals they've collected, some to the infirmary, to change clothes or freshen up. But Irene stays.

Without thinking I throw my hands around her waist, picking her up in the air and holding onto her tightly. She laughs and her arms go around my neck.

"I've missed you so much." I mumble into her neck.

"I've missed you too Jin." I place her down and hold her face in my hands.

"Where are you hurt?" My eyes travel all over her skin for any injury of some kind. 

She pushes my hands down reassuringly. "I'm fine, honestly."

"You literally just said you guys had cuts and bruises!"

"That's not a big deal though, so."

"Yes it is." I mumble, softly punching her arm.

She chuckles and ruffles my hair. I yelp backwards, slapping her hand and attempting to fix my hair again.

"Hyung it looks exactly the same." Hoseok folds his arms amused. "Oh! I'm Hoseok by the way. Nice to meet you." He holds out his hand to Irene.

She takes it. "I'm Irene, but you already know that I'm guessing."

"Alright we're back!" I hear Jiwoo shout. We turn around and her and Jimin are fast walking towards us. "Hi! Sorry we're late. I'm Jiwoo and this is Jimin." Jiwoo smiles at Irene. Jimin gives a small wave to Irene, which she returns whilst chuckling.

"Where's Hana?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at Jimin and Jiwoo.

They glance at eachother and Jimin stutters. "She wasn't feeling very well, so she went to bed."

"And she had to go around the Palace to get to her room." I smirk as I know they're all lying to my handsome face.

"She's your sister right? I wanted to meet her. That's too bad, I hope she feels better soon." Irene says frowning.

"Yeah, me too." I say through gritted teeth. "How about we go and visit Hana, just to check up on her?"

"No!" Jimin, Hoseok and Jiwoo yell at the same time.

Yep, they're definitely hiding something.

"Alright what's going on?" I fold my arms.

"Nothing hyung nothing! We just don't want you to go in her room because..." Jimin trails off, looking in the distance trying to think of an excuse.

"She's naked."

Jimin starts choking on his saliva as soon as those two words come out of Hoseok's mouth, coughing hardly and turning his body in the other direction.

All our heads whip in Hoseok's direction. "She's what?" I say.

"Naked. You're telling me you want to see your own sister naked? I think that's incest hyung." Hoseok points out, shaking his head in dissapointment.

I-

Irene covers her mouth with her hand, holding back a laugh. Jiwoo just stands there amused, folding her arms. "You're supposed to be setting an example to us all Jin. I'm dissapointed."

"What? No Hoseok I never said that and don't even start Jiwoo. Look it's late so let's all just go to sleep, alright?" I grab Irene's hand and take her into the Palace.

Jiwoo's POV

"It was nice meeting all of you!" Irene says before she and Jin go inside for the night.

"You too!" I shout back.

Jimin finally stops coughing, his eyes watering slightly. He puts a hand on his chest to steady himself. "Hyung, what the fuck did you just say?"

Hoseok grins. "I just saved Hana and Jungkook's asses, thank you very much."