#30 - The truth hurts

Author's POV

"You're looking a little pale Donghyun, you feeling alright?" Yoongi says sarcastically. He watches the colour drain from his face in amusement.

Namjoon also sniggers to himself, watching the dark angel panic for words.

Hana feels Jungkook's head raise slowly off her shoulder. She already can tell that he's going to be extremely pissed off at Hana, if what he heard her say was correct.

"What?" Jungkook breathes. She can hear his pants picking up the pace, struck with realisation.

Donghyun malfunctions for quite a while before coming back to reality. He readies the whip in his hands, not caring about what powers Hana has.

However a tap on his shoulder stops him. He turns around and is greeted by a nice warm punch in his nose, sending him flying to the ground.

Hoseok puts a hand on his hip, smiling and nodding in satisfaction with his work.

Suddenly them familiar angels run out from all directions. Irene runs to Yoongi, Nari and Namjoon, followed by Jin and Jimin and they untie the three of them. Jiwoo and Lia stand on the roof of a building with bows and arrows resting in their hands, firing away at any dark angel who dares to even touch their friends.

But all Jungkook could remember was loud sounds of explosions, and a familiar voice calling his name.

***

As soon as his eyes flutter open he feels like screaming. His body aches immensely and he doesn't dare to move. He lies still on whatever bed he's lying on, biting down hard on his lip. He looks up at the ceiling, searching for it in his memory. But it doesn't ring any bells.

The area next to him dips as someone sits down, and gently pats a warm and wet cloth onto his wounds. He hisses, squirming around, only to find that that makes it hurt even more.

"Try to stay still, Jungkook." The person says to him. He knows that voice, he's heard it before.

And for some reason, it makes him annoyed that he knows that voice.

Slowly, his eyes make their way to the person and they stop dead in her eyes. He has no expression in them, other than hurt and pain.

It then all comes rushing back into his mind. About what happened earlier in the unknown.

"Jungkook-"

"You lied to me. You fucking lied to me!" All he can do is just stare deeply into her guilty eyes, getting more angry at her.

She becomes speechless with guilt and carries on patting him down gently.

"How could you lie to me like that? You've been using me this whole time, haven't you?" He thinks back to the ritual that she made him do, now realising that it was all a scam.

A petty excuse to get him to come to Heaven and make him believe that she's just a nobody.

Not someone who he's been thinking of his entire life.

"Using you? How have I been using you?"

"You never told me who you really were! You just used me to do that shitty ritual, pretending to be someone you're not." Jungkook hisses at her. He shakes his head and looks away, not bearing to look at her any longer.

"Look I panicked, okay? I wasn't expecting to see you after all these years and I froze! I thought you were going to kill me!"

"If you had told me who you were from the start then no, I wouldn't have killed you. But now? I'm slightly tempted to."