#37 - Stay with me

Authors POV

Pebbles and grains of dust fall off her body as Hana wakes from her slumber. She can't move much and most of the colour has drained from her face. Confusion strikes her eyes as she sees the aftermath of a disastrous event around her.

There's no sign of Taehyung, Jiwoo, Jimin or Nari anywhere.

She wonders where Jin is. The worridness and panic he must be in right now disheartens her. He's tried so hard since the day she was born to protect her.

And now he can't protect her from this, he'll never forgive himself.

Jin has done more for her then her father ever did. Don't get me wrong, he did protect her too. But Jin's protection, his safety was more meaningful, more powerful.

More special. One of a kind infact.

And she's never really thanked him for it. She hopes that somehow one day, she will be able to do so.

It's not just Jin she wants to thank.

Hosoek, Jimin, Jiwoo. They've always been there for her and each other, ever since they accepted the three of them into their home.

The laughs that they've all shared has been such a memorable experience that they've ever made. Some tears along the way, some arguments, but they couldn't stay mad at eachother for long.

They are what make her stronger.

Even though she hasn't known them for long she thinks of Namjoon, Yoongi, Nari and Taehyung. Angels are supposed to be killed by dark angels, full stop.

But they chose not to do that. They went against their laws.

Which was pretty suprising coming from Yoongi.

And she respects them all for it. She hopes that they'll stick around with her family for much longer than she will.

Then her mind falls on Jungkook. She still has so much she wants to say to them big doe eyes. She knows that what he's about to do in a few minutes isn't his fault, at all.

Never in a million years would she want him to think that either. Which he probably will, there's no stopping that.

He saved her all those years ago. And now, by doing this? He now can save himself. Think of it as a thank you from her to him.

Hana's thoughts are interrupted as a loud crash causes the rubble to shift. She attempts to shield herself and she makes out the outline of a tall, muscular boy.

"I'm sorry."

She instantly recognises the voice. He staggers forwards, his eyes keep switching from red to brown.

"I'm sorry." His voice comes out in a whisper as he walks slowly towards her. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm so sorry!"

"Jungkook-"

"I don't know what I'm doing. I can't control my legs, my arms...anything!"

"It's okay."

Jungkook stares at her in disbelief. "How is this okay? How can you say any of this is okay?"

"Please, just list-"

"No, I won't listen! Don't you get it? He won't leave me alone until I finish what I started. Only then will I properly be free. I don't have any choice Hana!" His knees drop to the ground opposite her and she sits up.

Hana places her hands firmly on either side of his face, forcing him to look her in the eye. "Jungkook, look at me."

Jungkook's eyes shake, biting down hard on his lip as he meets her gaze.

"It's okay." She repeats her words in a hushed tone.

"I'm scared." He whispers.

Taking out his dagger from his belt, he rests his forehead against hers. The dagger trembles in his grasp. "I don't wanna do this." He closes his eyes.

Hana sighs. "I know you don't want to, Jungkook. But I don't want you to be held back anymore by this thing anymore."

"And I don't want you to die."

A dry chuckle leaves her lips. "We both know that only one our requests can be granted."

"I don't want to kill you." His voice cracks.

She sighs. "It shouldn't be you being the one who does this but it is, it's unfair to you. But nothing will change what's about to happen. We both have to accept it now."

"But...I love you Hana." Jungkook sniffles, as a tear rolls down his cheek for the first time. He doesn't bother to wipe it. He let's them freely flow.

"I love you too." She grins lightly.

"What about the King, and the people of Heaven? They're going to notice that their Princess and daughter is gone."

Hana nods. "Yeah, they probably will. But I trust that the others won't let anything happen to you."

With her thumbs, she wipes the tears rolling down either side of his cheeks. "Now come on, you're leaving me in suspense. I thought you're supposed to be good at killing angels..."

A little chuckle leaves his lips, even though this is very inappropriate time to be laughing. "I am, sadly."

"Then prove it."

Btiting down hard on his hip, he breathes heavily whilst clutching the dagger harder in his hands.

"I'm sorry Hana, I really am."

"I hope you know that this isn't goodbye. Just a simple, 'see you later'. Because I won't leave you Jungkook, not for a second."

Jungkook nods, closing his eyes. Whilst gulping, he can feel the widow inside him getting ready to strike.

"You'll stay with me?" He raises the dagger, the tip facing her stomach.

A smile reappears on her lips and she nods.

"Forever and always."

He takes one last look into her eyes. He wishes it isn't the last time he'll ever see them again, but it is.

It is the last time.

Jungkook regrets not knowing who she was earlier, but that's technically her fault for not telling him. But then again, how can he blame her? He's a dark angel, a warrior, the Prince of Hell. You would've thought she'd be a little scared, regardless of who he used to be and what he did for her all those years ago.

He remembers when he found her at the back of that hut, crouched down and shaking from fear. He only went in there to see if there were any dark angels, and instead, he came across an angel.

Squeezing his eyes shut, he let's his final tears fall from his eyes and finally does what he's been wanting to do for years now.

He strikes.