#36 - Game over

Author's POV

"One ticket to the cloud haven coming right up!" Taehyung yells at the top of his lungs. Jiwoo and Nari laugh behind him.

Puffing the stray hairs out of his face, Jimin enters another building close by and sets Hana down onto a bed on the ground floor.

"Hang in there Hana." Jimin softly whispers in her ear.

Hana has gotten more weaker than before. Her time is slowly running out, and even though Taehyung is trying to lift everyone's spirits he knows it's not going to work. She can barely even speak, even move her limbs.

"There has to be a way to undo all of this right? All we need to do is get her powers back from that machine thing. We just have to find it." Taehyung speaks up, raking his hair back.

Jimin shakes his head. "Once your powers are gone, they're gone. Nothing can bring them back. You just become an ordinary, powerless angel."

Taehyung rests his hands on Jimin's shoulders from behind. There's not much that Taehyung and Nari can do in this situation to make it better. They both know that Jimin is right.

Hana will die.

Even if this weakness doesn't kill her, the blood-thirsty love of her life will be here any minute to make Hana become nothing but a painful memory to remember.

"Where do you think the others have ended up?" Jiwoo wonders.

Nari shrugs at Jiwoo. "When it comes to a black widow they could be anywhere. He could be right above us and we wouldn't even see it coming." She shakes her head, sighing.

"Wow, that bad huh?" Jimin says.

Nari nods.

"Uh, Nari?" Taehyung's gaze shifts to the ceiling, with an uneasy look settling in his eyes.

"I think you've just jinxed it."

It's like all four of them stop breathing as them words come out of Taehyung's mouth. Dust then begins to fall from the ceiling.

It all happens so fast, that no-one has time to respond.

The whole building collapses on them, the loud ringing noises blaring in their ears. Smoke and debris fly in all directions. They helplessly are forced to the ground, the weight of the building crushing down hard onto their bodies.

When the dust finally settles, Nari groans. She's pretty sure she's broken something as she attempts to sit up, pushing the broken pieces of the remains of the building off her.

The walls of the building on the bottom floor somehow remain standing, but the rest has become ashes.

What if the others didn't make it?

The first thought that runs through her head. A horrible thought.

Looking behind her shoulder and then in front of her, stillness and silence fills her ears and eyes. It gives off an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach.

The harsh pushing of debris sounded on her left however puts them worries aside, as a dust covered Jimin springs up from the ground. His hair sticks up in random places, and his mouth is curved into a confused and disgusted one whilst looking around.

Shifting piles of rocks move and out pops the head of Jiwoo. She squints her eyes at the two of them, and runs her hand through her hair.

"Are you guys okay?" She says hoarsly.

The two of them nod, steadily standing on two feet. They dust themselves off, revealing some cuts that they never noticed before.