#22 - Dream glow

Hana's POV

"It won't take that long so you'll be able to go soon." I mutter, turning around and walking towards the ritual area.

I hear him sigh and follow. I don't blame think for not exactly being ecstatic to be here, he doesn't even know what he has to do.

And on top of that he wants to do it with 'Hana' and not 'Jiwoo'. Which again, I don't blame him for.

Soothing pastel coloured flowers spring up from the ground, contrasting the dark night sky with little balls of light embedded within them, gazing down upon all of the land. Pink and white lotus flowers hover above the ground at around chest height, emitting a gently haze of light.

"These are the glowing souls?" I hear him ask behind me.

I turn around to see him pointing at one but that's when I realise something.

He's glowing.

The light from the lotuses bounces off his perfectly smooth skin as he looks at me innocently, waiting for an answer.

I smile hesitantly, and nod. "They are."

The light from the lotuses must be bouncing off of me too as his eyes travel all around my face, finally landing in my eyes. He blinks and looks away, as if snapping back into reality.

"So we just need to pick one." He inspects them all deeply with a hand on his chin. "Okay...uh...this one?" He says and randomly points to a lotus flower.

I scrunch my nose up. "Nuh-uh." I point at another one. "What about that one?"

Jungkook turns and looks at the flower and his face drops. "No."

My shoulders slump. He chuckles and then sees one right at the back in the middle. "Hey, what about that one?" He extends his arm out, and points towards the said lotus flower.

We go to take a closer look at it and I smile. It's a good size, colours of pink and white blending together beautifully, the glow not too weak but not too strong either. "It's perfect."

"You're welcome." He smiles smugly and I roll my eyes. "Alright, so now what?" He asks. We stand opposite eachother with the lotus flower hovering in between us.

"We need a few drops of both of our blood to go into it." I look at the dagger strapped to Jungkook's waist and snatch it from him.

"Hey!" He exclaims in surprise of me suddenly taking his dagger. "Are you sure?" He says in concern.

I simply hum in response and extend my left hand out above the flower slowly. With the dagger in my right hand I place it on my palm and look up at him.

Jungkook's eyebrows are furrowed slightly, but he looks calm. Like he knows that I know what I'm doing, and has decided to trust me.

I squeeze my eyes shut, before firmly dragging the blade through my hand. I gasp and throw my eyes open in pain, biting down my lip. I take the blade off my hand, which is now covered in red liquid.

Opening my hand, I let the drops of blood fall into the flower. After a few drops go in, it glows more strongly, a colour of white.

"Your turn."

Jungkook takes the dagger off me and with a swift movement, he slices his hand open and blood comes running out of it. He casually puts his dagger back around his waist.

My eyes widen. "Woah."

He smirks and holds his hand out, little drops of blood falling into the lotus flow.

After a few seconds, the glowing whiteness is struck with black, now both colours mixing together ferociously.

"Now we just wait for a few days, and the soul will be born."

Jungkook nods. He then winces and looks at the fresh wound on his hand. "Hopefully this'll close up soon."

I sigh and nod. "Yeah, I hope mine does too." Only when I look at my hand, it's smooth with no signs of being impaled.

Oh, that's right..I can heal myself. Aha.

I chuckle awkwardly and quickly shuffle out of the area, away from Jungkook. He raises his eyebrow and catches up to me.

"See? I told you it wouldn't take that long." I simply say whilst shrugging, folding my arms across my chest so he won't see my hand.

Jungkook's eyes roll. "Shut up Jiwoo." I laugh at his response. "So what are you going to do now?"

I think for a moment. "Well I'm supposed to be meeting the Prince's girlfriend now, so I guess I'll drop you off to the entrence."

He nods. "Sounds good."

We sneak our way past the Palace, going the same path him and Jimin took earlier, which Jungkook remembered. We then reach the entrance to Heaven, and luckily there's no-one around.

"Bye Jungkook, I'll see you around." I pat his shoulder and turn around and head back to the palace.

However he suddenly grabs my hand, and swiftly pulls me back into his chest.

Taken by surprise I look up questioningly. "Uh, what are you doing?"

"I didn't say you could go, did I?" He makes his voice go low.

"Technically I don't need your permission, do I?" I smile innocently and he smirks.

"You didn't even let me say goodbye. You might not see me ever again and you're thinking of running off? How rude of you angel."

"Well sorry, your highness." I do a little bow and burst out laughing.

Jungkook simply smiles in amusement and then pushes me even closer into his chest, grabbing a hold of my jaw with his one hand which makes me stop laughing immedietly.

"What are yo-"

Rude. Didn't even let me finish my sentence.

Heat radiates of his lips as he suddenly connects them with mine. I freeze under his touch, my hands awkwardly making their way to grasp at his shoulders. He sucks slightly making me feel limp and then he releases. My mouth gapes open and all he can do is lick his lips whilst smirking.

He can sense my confusion as I keep staring at him in shock. Lightly chuckling, he sighs, tilting his head.

"I did what Taehyung told me to do."

I furrow my eyebrows. "And that was...?"

"Aim for the lips."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for 300 reads!

-xXItzCheryyXx :)