"When he was mad?" Raymond asked with concern.

"Today, at the club." She flinched her shoulders.

"What about?" Ray looked confused.

"Mostly about you and me, showing up together. I didn't tell Scott that I'm bringing you," she explained.

"I told you before, he's jealous. And the motive is not the money, he's in love with you," he said and took Sam's hand, peering at her.

His icy hands surprised her, making her body flinch. She shook her head in total disbelief. She never sensed a sexual attraction between Scott and her. Apart from the weird peck, he gave her on New Year's night, she noticed no other signs that he could like her more than a friend.

Despite what Molly said to her so many times, she trusted Scott. They have known each other for four years. Surely he would tell if he had feelings for her. But again, Sam was very much unaware when guys liked her.

"He would tell me that, I think. We are close. He bragged about his sex life and how all the girls were swooning over him. So, logically thinking, he wouldn't do that if he's in love with me," Sam said, raising her head to look at Ray.

"Unless, he thought you would get jealous and you jump him or something," Ray laughed, his chest rising from the sudden movement.

"It's not funny," she mumbled, frowning her forehead.

"I'm sorry. I know this is serious, but you have to believe me when I say, Scott is in love with you and that turned into an obsession. I've been there, so I know the signs." His tone turned more serious. "You can't talk to him about what we found. And I don't think he likes astronomy. He probably used the telescope to watch you," Raymond said, circling her hand with his thumb.

A lump formed in her throat, Sam tried to swallow it, but it didn't budge. How much can Scott see through that thing? She felt like at any moment she might puke.

"I can't just don't talk to him, this nonsense has to stop." She got mad at Ray's words.

"I understand how you feel, but confronting him would be the worst option here," Ray said. Sam tried to interrupt him, but he continued talking. "I was in your situation once, and I can help you not to make mistakes as I did." Sam raised her eyes and looked at him lingeringly.

"You mean, your best friend stalked you?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Not exactly this situation, I mean a fan stalked me three years ago," he explained. Ray took a long breath and let everything out. "I handled that circumstance poorly, and until I found help, it was already too late." His eyes seemed sad.

"You gave me too little information, Ray," Sam quoted him with a slight smile on her face.

"That's fair, so I will tell you the quick version of this story because you already seem miserable, so I don't want to add more stress for you," Ray said with a nod.

They changed seating positions, facing each other, keeping their fingers intertwined. Ray somehow calmed her down. The throwing up feeling barely felt present. His calm demeanor toward the situation also helped.

"When we released our first album, we went on tour," Ray started. "And there were more and more fans." Sam touched Raymond's rings, running in circles through his hands. "And one girl would show up for a lot of concerts, and Logan would joke that she's probably our biggest fan and at the time it was pleasing to recognize that we did something right with our music, people were listening."

"Show up? Like in different locations, right?" She acknowledged.

"Yeah, and after the tour, she began to work in the coffee shop near my home. She would show up in weird places. Like when I took my dog for a walk, stuff like that." He took a quick moment to concentrate. "When things got wild, my mom found this guy, and he helped us."

"Do you know why she did this?" Sam asked in surprise.

"She thought, she was in love with me, but that's just an obsession. She didn't know me. Later she got the help, that's what's important." He joggled his head.

"What type of help?" Sam kept her eyesight glued to his face.

"She got treatment, there was a quick trial, and that's the end of the story," Raymond stared at her intensely.

"So as an expert, what is your advice in this situation?" Sam asked.

"As I said, I have a guy, and I will talk to him, maybe he can help you too. But you can't talk to Scott, until then." Ray suggested.

"Like at all?" she asked in surprise, raising her voice.

"It would be better maybe you could text him, find an excuse not to see him until I talk with a private detective. It won't be long, I promise," Ray talked in a suppliant tone.

"Okay," she agreed in an apathetic tone.

They stared into each other's eyes, Ray bit his bottom lip. He seemed tired, but still so impressive. Sam leaned closer and kissed him. He seemed surprised but opened his soft lips and let out his tongue.

How can a simple kiss from him make me forget everything in the world? She rolled into his lap, placing her hands on his neck. He was bolder this time and slipped his hands under her dress skirt. He stroked her thighs, slowly going up to her butt cheeks. His chilly hands made her feel every stroke he took.

They smooched for a while, and it worked as a distraction for Sam. Just for a few moments, she forgot all about Scott. But it was time to separate and get some rest. Raymond soon left, and Sam felt an empty void. The only thing to her comfort was music.

She increased the volume of the music and fell asleep on the couch. My Chemical Romance was playing until the next morning.

 My Chemical Romance was playing until the next morning