Chapter 18 - BTS (3rd person)

Start from the beginning

Kim Seokjin had settled on the idea that since he hadn't been marked for about nine years that he wouldn't be marked at all. He put on a brave face. Telling silly dad jokes to hide away from the pain. But he was simply veiling the truth that, at least romantically, he was lonely.

Now, he has a soulmate, but he has to share her with his friends. No his extended family. He hasn't yet completely worked out how he feels about sharing her. Hell, there is still a part of him that is coming to terms that she is in his life at all.

Holding her hand on the plane was an understated innocent touch, but he felt it hard to cope with the tender emotions that action stirred up inside him.

What was that lyric? 'Not broken just bent.' Yes, that's how he felt. He could be repaired, it would probably just take time.

And now? Now that she was distancing herself from them? Now it was crushing his heart and making him worry that time had run out. The text that Hoseokie sent did nothing to alleviate that worry either. He only helped that there was sand left in the hourglass for the two of them.

	Kim Taehyung had been so exceptionally happy that he would be linked to the other members via their soulmate that he felt like his life was a dream

Kim Taehyung had been so exceptionally happy that he would be linked to the other members via their soulmate that he felt like his life was a dream. But part of it felt like it was crashing around his ears.

The moment Yoongi had mentioned the possibility that she may be western, ie British or American, his confidence fled. He didn't speak English as well as the others. He struggled the most with the language, and he worried that he wouldn't be able to communicate with her properly.

When Daisy entered their lives he found himself attracted to her like a moth to a flame. He was nervous to be around her, but at the same time if he was away from her for too long he felt like a rubber band stretched far enough that it would almost break. Just so he wouldn't feel that way he made sure the time he spent with her was precious.

But now it felt like she was pulling away. What could he do to prevent this from happening? He wasn't sure and that level of uncertainty was making him feel even more insecure with the way things were transpiring between the two of them.

He had downloaded the Naver papago app that Jungkook had been using when he was initially learning English. It was still a slow incline. He didn't have the amount of time he wanted to dedicate to both her and tutoring himself with the language. Was that the reason she was pulling away? Because he chose to learn how to better communicate with her instead of spending time with her in general?

Hobi's short text to ensure that everything was okay wasn't all that reassuring. It still left him uneasy and unsure. Which didn't make him any less worried. Perhaps it was time to mend what he might have unintentionally broken.