bonus; to serenity

This is the letter Serenity is talking about in the previous chapter.

     Dear Serenity, 

  You must be putting my things away if you're reading this. I wish I wasn't writing this letter while you're asleep next to me, afraid to see me go. I'm wishing so many things while writing you. I wish I could see the kids growing up and getting married, I wish I could see them having their own kids, I wish I could turn back the time and go see a doctor earlier.

  I decided to write a letter cause you always have been a huge fan of romantic things and, I wanted to leave you a last thing before going, just so you know I will always love you. I can't believe that a few months ago, we were driving to New York to see your family, I was so healthy...I truly don't know what went wrong.

  Remember when we first met? Long time ago, eh. You were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and since that day I made the promise to love you forever. That's so cheesy. But, you need to know that you made my life so much better.

  I still remember when you walked down the aisle with my dad at your arm, your smile was the widest while my tears were falling, too happy to see you becoming mine forever. The song 'This I Promise You' was playing in the background cause you wanted to walk down the aisle on the same song as your parents.

  Thank you for the love, the sadness, the madness and the joy you gave me. Thank you insanely for our three kids, the most amazing thing. You guys are my world, I know you get that. You made me the happiest.

  Also I hope you understand that I'm not sad to leave, I know you guys are safe here and that's all I wish. Of course, I wanted to stay longer but we can't everything we want, right?

  Love isn't over for you, honey. Times will get hard when I leave and I know it's complicated to find love again when you lose your soulmate but be strong and, find someone who will make you and the kids happy.

  I just don't want them to forget about their dad, whenever they ask questions about me please tell them the craziest stories about me so I leave good souvenirs.

  I love you forever, Serenity.

     - Forever Yours,
                               Shawn x