twelve; totally hooked

SHAWN MENDES
"The first time I kissed you, one kiss, I was totally hooked. Addicted to you."

My body froze as she walked out of the bathroom, wearing my clothes for the third time this week.

The power went out for two days, and, came back few hours ago. While, she was asleep I went outside and bought some things for Christmas.

"Morning." She mumbled sleepily, grabbing a bowl and pouring cereal in it. "When did you buy this?"

I sipped on my tea. "This morning. I went out, and bought some things." I answered. "But, it's still cold outside."

"Bet." She chuckled. "Anyways, as soon as the trains start to work again, I will have to leave." She muttered.

I pouted. "Why?" I queried.

A long sigh escaped her lips. "Family thing. I have to go to The Hamptons."

"Rich thing." I joked as she cracked a smile.

She rolled her eyes. "We are not all rich there. It's just an old thing!" She exclaimed. "Wealthy families bought houses there because, it's isolated from New York."

I hummed. "Yeah, so, only rich people go there." I smiled. "I don't mind." I added, still smiling.

"Anyways, I have to take the train soon. My mom is waiting for me there." She told me, washing her bowl.

I sighed. "You could take it tomorrow?" I suggested. "I could drive you there?"

"Yeah, that would be nice." She grinned, nose a little red. "What are we doing today?"

"I don't know. Depends of you." I answered.

She turned around, big smile on her face as she clapped her hands. "We could play guitar!" She yelled. "I have this song stuck in my mind and, I really want to learn it."

"Sure." I smiled widely. "Let me just grab the guitar and we can start."

"Yeah." She replied. "I will prepare us hot chocolate with marshmallows!" She gushed.

I walked to the bedroom, and, grabbed the guitar. I went back to the living room, seeing her prepare the chocolate, making me smile.

I started according the chords, while she watched me. I cleared my throat and started humming a melody, sweetly.

"Oh! Oh! I got the song." She mumbled. "Hey there Delilah?"

I nodded happily. "Sing with me!"

She did a weird face before, hitting her lower lip. "Are you sure?"

"Yes!" I responded happily. "Hey there Delilah, don't you worry about the distance..."

"I'm right there if you get lonely, give this song another listen and close your eyes..." She divinely sang around me.

I hit the notes as she danced around. "Listen to my voice, it's my disguise! I'm by your side."

She cupped my face and started at me. "Oh! It's what you do to me!" She giggled, plopping on the couch next to me. "I'm exhausted from singing."

I rolled my eyes, nudging her side. "Is my girl sleepy?"

She hummed, her cheeks a little red. "Your girl, eh?"

"Shut up, Ren! I was just saying it like that."

"Sure. I believe you." She chuckled. "Be right back." She spoke, standing up.

I stayed at my place, wondering what changed in the past few weeks. We were like glued to each other, I wasn't complaining though. It felt nice.

Yesterday night, we came to talk about my girlfriends and how they kinda ruined me. I never had a serious one, the first only liked me for my body and not what I was, the second one liked me for the money and when she noticed that I wasn't that rich, she threw me away.

"Shawn?" Called Serenity from the kitchen. "Could you come, please? Something went wrong with the machine!"

I let out a sigh before, standing up and walking to the kitchen. My face turned into a frown as I saw her with the biggest smile on her face.

"What?" I chuckled.

She pointed at the ceiling. "Look up, big boy."

My eyes looked up, while my lips curved into a slight smile as I saw the mistletoe. "Did you put that?" I laughed.

She shrugged, and, hopped of the counter. "I don't know." She giggled. "I looked up and it was already here."

I hummed. "What should I do, eh?" I teased.

She tiptoed, her face closer to mine, hands on my cheeks. "Don't break the Christmas rule." She whispered against my lips. "Kiss me."

"You sure?" I gulped.

I leaned in slowly, my hands on her hips. Finally, my lips touched hers and it felt like I was kissing someone for the first time. Her touch sent electricity through my whole body, her hands ran through my hair like I dreamt of it.

I pulled away, my forehead rested against hers. "Wow." I breathed out.

"Not gonna to lie, it was better than I imagined." She talked with a little giggle. "What do we do?"

"What do you mean?" I queried.

She sighed, pulling away. "You felt it, Shawn." She spoke. "I know you did."

"I did." I answered, grabbing her hand. "Won't let you go away." I spoke, wrapping my arms around her petite body. "Be mine?"

"So quick, Mendes." She joked, tightening her arms around me. "Of course."

"So, yes?" I asked happily.

"Yes, yes and yes. Always yes." She responded.