twenty-three; something wrong

SHAWN MENDES
ᴛᴡᴏ ʏᴇᴀʀs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

Serenity and I where waiting patiently for the doctor to call our name. Lately I've been tired and I had no idea how or why, plus I caught the flu while coming home yesterday.

"Was Matteo happy to go back to school?" I queried, asking about my little boy who was born 3 years ago.

Ren chuckled. "Very, boy was excited to see his girlfriend."

"A girlfriend? Since when?" I exclaimed. "He's only three!"

"Oh, come on! It's nothing, they're just playing to some games with each other." She replied. "Are you feeling any better?"

I shrugged holding my coffee. "I don't really know, to be honest." I sighed.

"I just hope it's nothing bad." She whispered kissing my cheek.

I smiled. "Yeah." I replied quickly.

The doctor soon called our name, both of us stood up and followed him in the office. Never liked this type of place, it's so dead and why the paint is always that type of color. Serenity grabbed my hand gently as we walked in. The doctor invited us to sit down and smiled at us.

"How can I help you?" He asked.

I cleared my throat. "I've been sick since yesterday and I don't really know what I have." I told him.

He hummed, writing it down. "What symptoms do you have?"

"He's really tired lately and he apparently he caught cold yesterday night so he's coughing and have fever." Said Serenity before I could talk. "But he's always coughing lately."

"No, I'm not." I replied. "Am I?" Ren nodded her head as I frowned.

The doctor nodded his head. "Do you mind if we do some tests?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "No, of course." The doctor left the room, leaving me and Ren alone. "Why would you say that I cough a lot lately?"

"Because it's true, you don't even notice." She told me. "But, you do cough a lot and I want to be sure that you don't have something bad."

I hummed. "What if I do?" I queried.

She looked down at her hands, playing with her wedding ring. "Well, we will do everything to keep you healthy and yeah. I won't let you go that easily." She murmured.

A nurse came back in the office and quickly explained that we were going to do an imagine test, an x-ray imagine of my lungs to be sure nothing was there.

"So when you walk in, on your right you'll have a room so you can change and, when you're done walk in the X-ray alright? The doctor will be here the whole time guiding you and, you ma'am will be with the doctor behind the glass." Told us the nurse before leaving.

Serenity looked at me, I could clearly see that she was stressed. I gently cupped her face and smiled. "It's going to be okay, babe."

"What if—" I cut her off with a kiss.

I dried the few tears and left a soft kiss on her forehead. "Don't think about the worst, alright? If I have something bad, we will do everything we can okay?"