five; living their best lives

SHAWN MENDES

My hand patted Emilia's head as I patiently waited for Serenity to walk through my door. We agreed to go out tonight and not during the day because apparently she wanted to rest. Three little knocks at my door made me stand up, rubbed my hands on my knees trying to hide the fact that I was nervous.

"Hey." I said opening the door, my breath hitched as I saw her.

She blushed. "Hi, Shawn." She answered walking in my apartment, her heels clicked on the floor.

I shook my head and turned around. She was wearing a white dress that was fitting her perfectly. Her hair were falling down her shoulders, they were lightly curled, she was wearing any makeup...she looked simply beautiful.

I cleared my throat. "You look amazing, Ren." And suddenly I felt shitty, she looked so damn good compared to me.

Her cheeks flushed a little as she rolled her eyes. "Thank you, I appreciate."

I arched an eyebrow. "So how do I look?" I spun in myself as she laughed.

"You look great." She answered truthfully. "Alright, where's Emilia?"

I grabbed her wrist and brought her closer. I could swear I heard her breath hitches. "Did you come for me or her?"

"Both." She replied wrapping her arms around me. I was pretty sure, she could feel my heart beats faster at the contact. "Let's go?"

I nodded. "Let's go." I answered.

She kissed my kitten's head one last time before jogging to me. Her side nudged mine as we walked outside. New York City at night was incredibly beautiful, lights everywhere, enormous crowd outside every of them coming from a different country.

"Where to?" I queried as she smirked.

"Somewhere perfect for that type of night." She smiled widely as I let out a chuckle.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and brought her closer to me as we walked in the city. "You know...I should be the one taking you somewhere."

She laughed. "Yeah, right but you don't know nothing here. If I'm going to Canada one day, I will call you." She winked making my heart go crazy.

Her heels clicked on the floor as we walked through New York City, my arm still around her and my smile still on my face. Serenity dragged me into a building bonded with people.

"What are we doing here?" I asked looking around.

She giggled letting me look around a second then stepped in front of me. "Come on, I'm going to show you something cool." She grabbed my hand and led me. "So...Since you're living in New York City, you have to come here once in your life. Welcome to the whispering gallery in grand central terminal, my friend!"

"That looks fantastic!" I remarked as she nodded. "But, whats so important here?"

"Follow me." She stared walking and right now I wished she would take my hand in hers. "So, you're going to go in that corner and you don't move alright?"

"What kind of shit is that?" I giggled as she hit my arm.

"Shut up!" She told me earning another giggle from me. "Just go in that fucking corner and wait."