epilogue; hey you

to listen while reading so you can get in your feels;
- if you say so by lea michele
- hey you by lea michele
- make you feel my love by adele
- ghostin by ariana grande
- stay with me by sam smith
- hold on by chord overstreet
- love you to death by chord overstreet
- talking to the moon by bruno mars
- Turning Page by Sleeping At Last

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

Her feet felt heavy as she walked to him. Her vision was still blurred but she still could see the names of ton of strangers engraved on a rock. What a weird thing to do, engraving names of a lost one on a rock, she thought.

Sometimes, she would see him in her dreams. He looked so peaceful and happy, even though he couldn't hold her, he looked happy to see me. His smile was brighter and he looked so healthy.

Here she was, standing in front of his grave on their twenty five anniversary. The grave was full of flowers, probably from his siblings or their kids. Most of them were fake but the prettiest one were real, so real that she could scent the smell of them.

She kneeled down, letting her fingers touch his name and the dash between his dates. Shawn managed to live almost a year and a half but at one point, he had to leave. Her lips curved into a slight smiled as she remembered their wedding.

"It was a crazy might, uh?" She laughed. "Both of us totally wasted, singing like crazy on tables."

The old good times.

"One of your girl is getting married." She said softly. "Sadly you're not here to walk her down the aisle, and, you won't be here to dance with her. But, I hope you know she won't be mad." She dried the few tears.

Serenity got used to come to the graveyard every two months, she just wanted to feel close to him and this was the closest she could get. She would sometimes go with the kids or with Shawn's siblings.

Loosing her soulmate felt like a part of her left with him, she was feeling hopeless and felt like she couldn't love anymore. Shawn was her person and she didn't need anyone else, she had her moment with Shawn and it was it.

"I still think of you everyday, you know." She murmured, closing her eyes. "Sometimes it's hard and I don't know what to do or how to feel." She told him. "People must think that I'm crazy to talk to a grave but who cares right?"

She stayed sit at the edge in a comfortable silent, we could hear the birds sang and the hot summer breeze kept hitting her face in a soft way.

"You know I'm not mad at you for leaving me." She started. "I knew you had to go and I miss you, I tell you everyday. I have this photo of us on my nightstand and I can't help but think we were damn hot." She chuckled. "Also, I found a shirt of you and it still smell like you. I admit I cried." She hummed. "But, I'm doing okay without you now."

Serenity never moved back to New York, it was too hard to leave Shawn here so she stayed to Toronto so did the kids. They were now adults and didn't need their mom like they used to.

"I found the letter." She stated calmly. "Really beautiful, didn't know your handwriting was that good, to be honest. I added it in my book if you don't mind." She said. "My books is finally out everywhere, our history is out everywhere and people loves it."

Ren heard a few steps behind her, she turned around meeting Monica with her fiancé. She smiled standing up and hugging them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Asked Ren, eyeing them.

Monica shrugged. "I wanted dad to meet Luka in person, he never came here." She explained. "Just like you, mom."

Ren let out some tears. "Sorry Luka, you shouldn't see me crying." She chuckled. "It's just a hard day." She added.

He smiled. "It's okay, Serenity. I understand, take your time. We can come back later."

She shook her head. "No, stay here. Mon, you can talk if you want to." She hummed. "I think I've talked enough today."

"Hey dad." Monica's voice echoed through Ren's ears as she closed her eyes, the moment seemed so familiar. "Never though I would bring my boyfriend to your grave but, I remembered the story mom told me about you going to grandpa's grave and I thought it would make you happy."

Holding back tears weren't possible at this point. Serenity was silently crying in her tears, she knew she promised to Shawn that she would be strong in front of the kids but she couldn't help it.

The lyrics of their favorite song repeated in her mind. She clearly remembered Shawn singing it to her, they both discovered the song while being out in New York and instantly fell in love with it.

Shawn walked in the bedroom, guitar in his hand and smiled at her. God knew he would do anything for her.

"What are you doing, silly?" She laughed.

He sat down. "Singing you a song." He casually replied. "Our favorite."

His fingers strummed the strings as he softly hummed to their song. "I don't wanna let go, I know I'm not that strong, I just wanna hear you. Saying baby, lets go home."

Serenity waited for him to finish before wrapping her arms around him and leaving firm kisses all over his face. He let out a laugh, hugging her back.

"Happy anniversary, honey." He murmured kissing her cheek. "I love you forever."

"I love you too." She whispered in his arms, wishing she could hold him forever.

"You know, mama have been strong since you left." Talked Monica. "She raised Matteo, Mar and I really well. Of course, she struggled but she's still the best mom in the whole world."

"She truly is." Commented someone behind her.

The fragile mom turned around seeing her two other kids with flowers in their hands, Mar was the first to take her mom in her arms and squeezed her as hard as she could.

"Happy anniversary, mama." She whispered in her mom's ear. "I wolf you."

Serenity let out a laugh. "I wolf you too, honey." She pulled away, cupping her face and pressing a kiss to her forehead. "So precious."

Matteo walked to his mom and wrapped his arms around her, his hugs just felt like Shawn's one, they were strong and full of love.

"Dad would have been proud of you." He told me. "I know it. You deserve all the love in the world."

"I love you so much, baby." She told him. "Thank you so much for coming, you didn't have to, really."

I knew Shawn would be happy to see all of us here, reunited. I knew he was happy up there.

authors note;

THE END.