twenty-one; new home

SERENITY HUDSON

I hardly grabbed the box full of sheets and walked to the front door. Mon and Mar were running in the new empty house as Karen and Manny were helping Shawn and I.

"Girls, watch out!" Yelled Karen as she put the plates down  on the counter. "Ren! Could you come?"

"Yeah, coming!" I yelled back, putting the box down in Shawn and I's bedroom. "Shawn? Have you seen the box with all the albums and photos?" I asked before going downstairs.

Shawn shook his head before kissing my lips. "No, sorry babe. Should be with the last boxes." He answered

"Alright." I replied. "You needed me?" I asked Karen

She nodded her head. "Yeah, could you please give me these plates so I can put them up?"

"Yeah sure." I said giving her the first plate. "Thanks for helping by the way." I told her smiling.

She scoffed with a little laugh. "Of course. You know that Manny and I don't mind helping!" She replied. "Plus, we were so happy to know that you guys were moving here."

I hummed. "My family was a bit against the idea cause you know... we are kinda far from the Hamptons."

"Yeah, I understand." Said Karen with a smile. "But you guys can still do a road trip, we are not that far from New York."

I nodded. "You're right."

After finishing to help Karen, I went over my girls. Both of them were playing around, honestly I didn't know how they could have that much energy in their bodies. Shawn came next to me and sat down, his arm wrapped around my shoulder as he let out a sigh.

"I'm exhausted." Said my husband as he closed his eyes. "How are you?"

"Okay." I told her. "Just a little bit overwhelmed." I chuckled.

Mar came to us with flowers. "Mama! Look what I got in the garden." She gave the bouquet to me. "You like it?"

I nodded biting my lower lip. "I love it, Mar. Thanks baby."

Shawn moved next to me, like next to my ear as I talked to Mar. "I love when you bit your lower lip like that."

My eyes widened as I slowly blinked. "Where's Mon?"

"Sh—she's in the garden!" Replied Mar excitedly. "Should I go get her?" She mumbled under her breath.

"Yes please, then we can eat." I said kissing her forehead. As soon as she left the room, my body turned towards Shawn as I pushed him a little. "Are you crazy to say that! Especially when our daughter is here."

Shawn rolled his eyes, laughing. "Honey, it's nothing." He replied. "I was just saying a random thought I had, nothing sexual."

I chuckled. "I'm pretty sure it was!" I told him.

He hummed. "You're right... I want another baby." He murmured. "I don't know, I already feel so sad to see them grow up..."

"I would love to have another baby." I said. "But, maybe we can wait a few months? I don't feel ready yet."

He frowned. "Not ready yet?" He replied. "It's been four years. How can you not be ready!"