thirteen; memories we make with our family

SERENITY HUDSON
"The memories we make with our family is everything."
—Candace Cameron Bure

"Do I really have to leave you?" I whined, wrapping my arms around him.

He chuckled, kissing my forehead. "You have to, baby." He replied. "To go to the Hamptons."

I rolled my eyes. "I just don't want to. We're finally together and, I feel like I'm leaving you."

"Cause this is what you're doing." He laughed quietly. "But, don't worry I'll be here when you come back."

I pouted, and, let out a sigh. "All right. See you soon?"

He hummed. "See you soon, Ren." I tiptoed and laid a sweet peck on his lips. "In three days?"

"Three days." I repeated, walking away. "Bye!"

I went in the train and, sat as I saw Shawn watching me from outside. He sent me a cheeky smile, making me blush lightly.

Around three hours later, I was finally at the Hamptons. I grabbed my luggage, and, started to walk outside where my mom was waiting for me.

"Ren!" She exclaimed, wrapping her tiny arms around me. "I thought you would never come."

I smiled. "Don't worry, nothing will stop me to celebrate Christmas with my amazing family."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Alright, lets go. Everyone is waiting." She talked.

"Um, mom?" She hummed. "Could we stop at dads grave?" She whispered.

She smiled widely, nodding. "Of course, Ren."

I thanked my mom, and watched outside. The Hamptons during Christmas was really amazing, it really gave me the vibes. It felt like this city was never sad, people were smiling, laughing like their problems didn't matter.

When my dad was still alive, we used to live in the Hamptons but moved when he got buried. But, every time I was coming back home, I would stop to his grave, and, talk for a moment. Like an update of my life.

"Here we are, sweetie." Spoke my mom, making me snap out of my thoughts. "You're going to be okay? Or do I need to come with you?"

I smiled gently. "No, you can go home. I will just walk home, we aren't that far." I told her as she hummed. "See you in an hour or two." I said to her, hoping out of the car.

"I love you!" She talked.

"I love you too, mom." I answered, grinning.

I looked around to notice that, nothing changed. I felt way better every time I would come here, just to talk with him, well more to him.

My lips curved into a sad smile, as his grave appeared in front of me. I sat down on the edge, and, traced his name with my fingers.

"Hey dad." I spoke gently, smiling. "I don't really know why am I crying." I chuckled. "I guess, I just missed you." I muttered.

I took a deep breath, letting the cold breeze hit my face. "It's been a while." I cleared my throat. "But, I met a guy and he's really sweet." I said. "I will bring him here one day, so you can see how he is. Really gentleman and happy in general."