eighteen; new

SERENITY HUDSON

My head was spinning as I ran to the bathroom, ready to throw up everything I ate this morning. Weirdly, it wasn't the first time. I've been throwing up every morning for a few days.

Shawn rushed to my side, grabbing my hair. He flushed the toilet as I thanked him, sitting down. "You okay there?" He asked.

"I'm doing more than good." I replied laughing lightly. "Don't worry it's nothing."

He hummed. "If you say so but, it's been a week babe."

Two years later, Shawn and I were still living in New York and still happy. We were going a lot to Toronto but, his family and friends were also coming to New York. My mom had the chance to visit us a few times, she absolutely adored Shawn.

"Don't be ridiculous, it's been two days." I argued.

Shawn shook his head. "No, Serenity. A week."

I gulped, opening my eyes. I looked at Shawn and frowned. "I can't be— Can I?" I wondered to myself.

"Do — Do you mean like...?" He started looking down at me. "Pregnant." He finished his sentence.

I stood up, putting fresh water on my face and inhaled. "Do you think I am?" I asked to my lover as he shrugged. "Come on Shawn! You're not helping."

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit shook." He replied casually. "What if you really are?"

I sighed. "Are we ready?"

He grabbed my hand and sighed gently. "Of course, we are. We've been talking about babies for a year now. And, even if we're not I will be here to help you."

I smiled. "We're in this together?"

He nodded his head. "Together." Shawn agreed, cupping my face and laid a sweet kiss on nose. "You need to get dressed, lady."

"Why?" She frowned.

"I wanna know if a baby is living in you!" He replied like a child, rushing to the hall. "Wait! I forgot my scarf."

"Don't worry, I'll bring to you." I yelled back, walking in our closet. As I grabbed his scarf, a little blue box fell on the floor. "What is that?" I mumbled to myself.

She could hear Shawn sing downstairs. "Are you ready, love?" He asked from downstairs. "I want to go!" He whined.

I laughed to myself. "I'm coming Shawn!" My hands slowly opened the box, revealing a ring. A gasp stuck in my throat as I slowly realized which type of ring it was. "Be there in a minute!"

I quickly put it back in her place and headed downstairs where Shawn was, he grabbed my hand going out. As always, his hands were warm and soft making me warm inside.

A few moments later, we were finally at the pharmacy. We both went out and, came in. The lady greeted us as Shawn partially dragged me to the pregnancy tests.

"Calm down, Shawn." I laughed as he squeezed my hand.

He pouted looking at me. "I wanna know if you're pregnant, baby."

I melted at his words, smiling warmly at him. "I know, Shawn. Me too." I replied.

An hour later, we were finally back home. We took off our hot clothes and, I went in the bathroom. Shawn passed me all the tests and, waited on the other side of the door.

"I just did them." I told Shawn walking out of the bathroom and, laid on the bed.

"I feel so weird and excited at the same time." He confessed. "If you're really pregnant, we will have to
move." He told me.

I hummed. "Where though?"

He turned his head, looking at me. "I don't know, somewhere bigger." He murmured, playing with my hair. "I know you like that place but, three of us can't fit in there."

"I know you're right." I whispered. "But, I love that place Shawn. I built myself in here."

He kissed lips softly. "I know baby but, if someone is living in here..." He said, putting his hands on my stomach. "Then, we will have to move out. We still have time though."

The timer echoed through the bedroom as Shawn stood up to grab the tests, he walked towards me and gave them to me.

"You should be the first to know." He smiled. "Alright, before you look. I just want to say that if you're not, it's okay."

"I know." I smiled shyly.

Shawn squeezed my thigh as my eyes looked down to the test. I let out a short gasp as I read the results, I grabbed another one just to check if it was my imagination or it was real.

"Babe?" Shawn's voice snapped out of my thoughts.

I stared at him, lost for words. "I-I am. I'm pregnant, Shawn!" I let out a squeal hugging him tightly.

His arms wrapped around me slowly as he came to the realization that he was going to be a dad. I could feel a few teardrops on my shoulder but, I couldn't care more.

I was pregnant.

"I can't believe it." He whispered in disbelief. "I'm going to be a dad, can't wait to tell everyone."

I grinned. "Can't wait either, imagine Olly's face." I giggled. "Or my mom."

"Wow." He breathed out. "We are grown ups. That's scary."

I agreed, nodding my head. "It truly is but, I'm convinced that we can do this."

author's note:
I hope you guys understand why I do time jump!
It's a short story, 25 chapters max so that's why!!!

Hope you enjoyed 💗