eleven; most wonderful time of the year

SERENITY HUDSON
"It's the most wonderful time of the year."

I looked at Shawn, trying to put the lights around his Christmas tree as I giggled. We recently went to buy our Christmas trees together and agreed to decorate them. We did mine a few days ago and now it was his turn.

"That's so weird." He spoke, grabbing the star. "Come help me." He asked, as I stood up and made my way to him.

He wrapped his arms around my middle and lightly lifted me up, so, I could put the star at the top. "What is so weird?" I asked while he puts me down.

He shrugged. "First Christmas without my parents. They were supposed to come here but they have a huge snowstorm coming."

"It will probably come our way after." I laughed as he hummed.

"No." He quickly replied. "Did you see the news? Apparently, there are plenty of snowstorms coming." He said. "That's scary."

"Well, not for me." I replied. "I'm used to and you should too! Mister Canada." I joked, making him rolls his eyes.

I handed him a cup of hot chocolate and stared at
the window. "It's starting! Look!" I pointed at the snow outside.

"Are you planning on going home?" He queried. "Cause, I think you stuck with me and for a few days."

I turned around and frowned. "What? I can walk."

He shook his head. "No way that you're walking back home, you're staying here Ren."

"But— Alright, I will stay. I hope you have a tons of clothes ready for me."

He laughed, nodding. "Of course." He replied. "Hoodies, boxers, t-shirts, sweatpants."

I smiled widely. "Perfect." I answered, sipping on my hot chocolate. "Did you do some shopping?"

"Foods?" He gasped. "No." He quickly rushed to grab his coat and scarf. "I'm going, I will be back in a few." He told me, kissing my cheek and headed out.

I smiled, and, waited for him to close the door. I stood up and headed out in Shawn's bathroom. I stepped out of her clothes, and, let the hot water running on my cold skin, I closed my eyes relaxing slowly.

A smile crept on my face as the thought of Shawn, the way he grabbed my waist and lifted me up. His touch was sending electricity through my whole body, his smile made me feel warm inside. Maybe he was my person.

I shook my head, walking out of the shower. "Fuck." I cursed, noticing that I forgot clothes. I wrapped a towel around me and went out of the bathroom.

Before I could even walk to his wardrobe, Shawn was standing there, nose red and pale skin. "Are you looking for something?" He gulped.

I awkwardly smile. "I think, it's kind of obvious." I giggled. "Clothes, please."

He cleared his throat and gave me some clothes. "Here." He talked. "A boxer, a hoodie and sweatpants. Good?"

"Yes, thank you." I smiled sweetly, grabbing them.

He turned around. "Um, I will wait for you in the living room."

I slipped the clothes on, and, made my way to the corner of the room and grabbed the fresh pair of socks on the desk.

"Hey." I spoke. "I stole some socks." I chuckled.

He looked up and down, making him licks his lips. "Make yourself at home." He hummed as I sat down. "You look cute."

"Are you going to say that you love me in your clothes?" I nudged his side.

He chuckled. "Exactly. I do love you in my clothes."

"Thank you." I blushed, laying my head on his shoulder.

His arm wrapped around me, as, he brought me closer to him. Suddenly, my breath caught in my throat while I tried to ignore the butterflies.

My mind was all over the place, so was my emotions. Lately, Shawn and I got closer. We already were close, but since the small fight we had, we grew closer.

A part of me couldn't help but think that, I started to feel things for him. And the other part was trying to convince myself that, it was not mutual and we should just stay friend.

"Wow." He breathed out. "We're going to be stuck here for a few days..."

I hummed. "The power will go out in a few hours." I replied, sighing.

"No more hot chocolate." He said, dramatically.

I whined. "I love hot chocolate!" I groaned.

"At least, we have books." He shrugged. "I bought some while we were in a fight."

I arched an eyebrow. "You did?"

"Yeah." He scratched the back of his neck. "Most of them are your favorites."

"So, you read my favorite books?" I squealed.

He chuckled, putting his hand over my tight. "Well, at least, I'm trying?"

I chuckled as he sighed. "They are just very very long!" He exclaimed. "But, they're good." He admitted.

"Do you know that you're reading only romance?" I teased.

He rolled his eyes. "I know but, I like it. It's nice." He answered. "It makes me think of the girlfriend I never had." He laughed sadly.

I turned my body so I could face him. "We never talked about your girlfriends!" I gushed. "So, lets talk."

And, that's how we spent the first night talking about his horrible girlfriends and my shitty boyfriends.