two; red wine and us

SHAWN MENDES
"You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible."
Jojo Moyes, Me Before You
—————

My guitar on my back, the phone in the other one. I suddenly felt nervous and didn't know if I should call or text her. I noticed that she anticipated cause she was already calling me, I didn't waist a second and answered.

"Hi, Shawn." She said softly.

My face softened at her voice. So peaceful and relaxing. "Hi Serenity, so, where do we meet?"

"Same place!" She told me before hanging up.

Since I didn't live that far, I opted for a little walk. I stopped at a coffee shop and bought two peppermint tea, when I met her, I could smell the sweet smell of my favorite tea. As I walked, I took a moment to admire the world around me. Couples walking hand-in-hand, tourists taking photos of every tree in the street, people in a rush because it's already ten and they must be late to work but we are in New York, right?

My lips curved into a smile as I saw the place's door, I pushed it and walked to the spot where she was supposed to be. Here she was, reading a book...again.

I laughed and tilted my head to see the title.

"Me Before You? Is it good?" I asked as she chuckled and looked up.

She stood up and made her way to me. "Hey!" She let a soft kiss on my cheek, grabbed my hand and led me to the couch. "And yeah, amazing."

I moved closer to her. "I could maybe read it." I proposed as she squealed.

She put her book away and rubbed her hands together. "You could read it then we would watch the movie."

I arched an eyebrow. "Can I say that it's a movie date?" I joked.

She shrugged. "It could be a movie date but right now only friends." She grinned as I blushed. "Alright, now guitar!"

I chuckled and grabbed it. "Lucky by Jason Mraz is okay?"

She gasped. "More than okay! It's one of my favorite song ever."

"Let's go learn!" She chuckled as I gave her the guitar. "For the intro, you do a C. You know what is it?"

"I think." She mumbled.

I watched her as she put her second finger on the fifth string, her third finger on the third string and her fourth finger on the second string.

"Perfect!" I told her as she smiled. "For the strumming, put the side of your hand on the chords so you can mute them while strumming."

I watched as she looked confused, I laughed softly. "Here, let me show you."

I did exactly what I said to her as she gasped and grabbed the guitar again. She put her fingers in place and strummed down. "Is that okay?"

"You learn as fast as you read." I teased as she blushed. "Alright, that was the intro! Now the verse."

She cleared her throat. "Can you play the verse? I find it easier to learn when I watch you play." I nodded and grabbed the guitar.