sixteen; means something

SERENITY HUDSON
"Let's cuddle so I can steal your body heat..."

"Do you really think they want to see me?" I asked, checking myself in the mirror.

Shawn chuckled behind me, standing up and walking towards me. His arms wrapped around my middle as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"Honey, they asked for you to come." He whispered, kissing my blade.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breathe. "You're right. I'm just stressing out." I chuckled lightly as he pulled away.

I looked myself in the mirror, staring at my black dress. I rubbed my hands on the fabric of my dress, turning my body towards my boyfriend.

"So, what do you think?" I breathed out as he smiled widely. "I can change! We still have—"

"Shut up, Ren." He spoke, standing up. "You look perfect, all right." He cupped my face. "We've been together for almost seven months. They will love you, Ren. Trust me."

I nodded. "I trust you." He grinned, leaning down to press a kiss on my lips. "We should go" I asked as Shawn left sweet pecks my her jaw.

He hummed, kissing my lips one more time. "You just look so beautiful, I can't help myself." He winked before grabbing my hand and headed outside.

The ride was the usual. Him driving and bopping his head to his playlist, hand on my thigh or knee giving a squeeze every time our eyes locked. We, soon, reached Shawn's childhood house.

I breathed out. "Wow... We're actually here?" I mumbled, playing with my rings. "I guess we have to go."

Shawn chuckled kissing my cheek sweetly. "We have to. I'm pretty sure my mom is already waiting for us behind the door." He laughed.

I let out a chuckle and got out of the car, my heels clicked on the floor as Shawn walked behind me. We made it to the front door, and, Shawn knocked loudly.

The door flew open revealing a mid-age woman. "Shawn!" She cheered, hugging him. "And you must be the famous Serenity." She giggled, looking at me.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Mendes." I shook her hand as she scoffed playfully.

"Honey, call me Karen." She beamed, letting us in. "Liyah, Theo, Eden! Your brother is here!"

The siblings groaned from upstairs. "Coming!" Aaliyah yelled back.

I looked around, Shawn's arms still around me as we walked in the living room. An old man is sitting there, reading the newspapers.

"Hey dad!" Told Shawn. Shawn's dad put the newspaper down and walked towards us.

Weirdly, meeting his family didn't feel as weird as I thought it would be. They have this familiar energy, they are all smiley people making it easy for me to be comfortable.

"And...you are Serenity right?" Said his dad, I offered him a warm a smile and nodded. "Nice to meet you, kid." He grinned.

"The pleasure is mine." I told him. I turned my head seeing Karen struggling with plates and all. "I'm going to help your mother, Shawn." I said kissing his cheek.

Shawn nodded as I left him with his dad, both of them in a serious conversation. I leaned against the door frame, looking  at her, it made me think of when my mom used to invite my whole family to Christmas.

"Can I help you?" I asked curiously.

She put the plates down and, smiled at me. "Please. I never ask for help to a guest but, I really need it and my family doesn't seem to want to help me." She mumbled.

I chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm here." I answered as I helped her prepare.

"So... how did you meet my lovely son?" She queried. "He can't stop talking about you."

I shrugged. "Pretty simple. We met in a library." I replied. "I was reading and he decided to sit next to me and play guitar." I laughed. "And, everything begun like that."

"That's cute." She admitted. "You're the first girl Shawn brings home. We heard about his previous girlfriends but every time we would propose them to come, Shawn would announce that he's single again." She explained. "So, I'm glad you're here because it means a lot for Shawn and for us."

I simpered. "It means a lot to me." I replied as she stopped doing what she was doing. "He feels like home to me."

"I'm glad to hear that, honey." She stated with a leer. "Maybe we could meet your parents one day?" She proposed softly.

I drank my glass of water and, nodded. "Well, only my mom. My dad passed away a few years ago." I explained.

She put her hand over her mouth and apologized. "I'm so so sorry, Serenity... I had no idea."

I laid my hand on her upper arm and rubbed it up and down. "No need to apologize, Karen. You didn't know."

Two arms wrapped around me, as he kissed my cheek. His strong perfume went into my nose as I sneezed quietly, earning a laugh from him.

He stepped in front of me, and, pressed his lips on mine. I slowly kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck and played with his curls. I pulled back three seconds aware that people were around us, even though they seemed concentrate in the food or their conversation.

He pecked my lips one more time, and, smiled. "I love you, Ren."

I melt into his arms. "Love you more, Shawn."

authors note:
Updates are really slow but, I'm trying my best to write this book correctly!!!

Thanks for the 5K reads. I love you all.