twenty; grow up too fast

SHAWN MENDES

I opened my eyes seeing our two girls climbing in our bed, low giggles echoed in the room but not enough to wake Serenity up.

"Hey girls." I whispered as they chuckled. "What are you doing here?"

Marisol giggled as she laid herself on me. "We wanted to wake up mummy and you."

Marisol and Monica, my two crazy girls, only four years old but tornadoes already.

Marisol was the crazy type, she was so hard to handle always running everywhere, crying when she didn't have what she wanted, screaming. A little diva but, we were learning slowly how to handle her. I knew as soon as she would step into this thing called puberty, she would be so hard to live with.

While, Monica on the other hand was shy and reserved. She was quiet and patient, she would rarely cry and is a daddy's girl which was fine for me. Her favorite thing is cuddling on the couch while watching Disney Channel.

For our delight, the girls got along so well. We were scared that even though they were twins, they would not get along but they were always together night and day.

"Daddy, can we make pancakes?" Whispered Mon as I hummed. "Oh! Oh and with raspberries!"

I chuckled. "With raspberries, eh Mon?" I said, kissing her forehead.

"Please." She cooed. "Can we wake mummy up?"

I shook my head, taking both in my arms. "No, we can't. We are going to do a surprise to mummy, alright?"

They both clapped in their hands as we happily walked downstairs. I put them down on the floor as I grabbed everything we needed to do the pancakes, plus raspberries.

"Does mummy love raspberries?" Queried Marisol.

Mon rolled her eyes. "Mar, you know that she likes raspberries!" I chuckled as they started to argue about their mum.

"Mummy loves me more than you!" Shouted Mar as I kneeled down, stopping them. "Right, papa?"

"No." I answered. "Mummy loves you both very much, she doesn't have a preference, alright?" I talked calmly as I glanced at Mon ready to cry.

Mar pouted. "Alright."

"Say sorry to your sister, now." I pointed at Mon who was almost crying next to her. "Come on, Mar. Don't make me repeat."

She sighed, wrapping her arms around her sister. "Sorry Mon. I wolf you."

"I wolf you too." Murmured Mon.

I giggled in awe at their words. "Wolf you? What does that mean?" I asked as I made the pancakes.

"It's like I love you!" Said Mon.

Marisol nodded, smiling proudly. "It's our own way to say I love you."

I hummed, giving them a raspberry. "Oh, so you girls have a secret langage now?"

Mon nodded her head. "You can use it if you want to! Can they, Mar?"

"Yes." Replied my girl.