nine; lonely kids

SHAWN MENDES

Her head on my chest, arms around me, her legs tangled with mine. Soft snores escaped her mouth, her plump lips slightly parted. My fingers ran through her as a sleepy smile crept on her face.

She let out a groan. "Morning." She mumbled.

I chuckled. "Good morning, Ren." She hummed. "Slept well?" I queried.

She nodded. "Great." She laid herself on her back and stretched.

"So, why are you here?" I asked softly, she sighed and looked at me.

She bit her lower lip. "My mom wants me to give away Kelly."

I frowned lightly. "Why? I don't get it."

"Because animals are forbidden, where I live. It's already the third warning that my mom received." She talked, groaning right after. "It's just that Kels is my only friend."

I let out a little sigh. "Maybe she's right." Serenity frowned at my answer. "Your mom is the one who is paying your place and...she is too busy to look after you."

She let out a little scoff. "Thank you for pointing at that, my mom isn't here for me since my dad's death."

I closed my eyes. "That's not what I meant, Ren. What I am trying to say is that, your mom is busy and you should give Kelly to someone you trust, so you can look for an apartment!" I tried to explain.

She groaned. "But, I don't want to! You know how lonely I am!" She returned.

"I am lonely too! But, I don't make my mom drives all the way here because, I don't want to leave my damn cat for a few days!" I argued back.

She looked up, tears rolling down her cheeks as she sniffled. "You should understand me..."

"I do! But, I understand your mom too." I explained as she shook her head. "You're a grown woman, Ren! And, you shouldn't make your mom drives to your place, only to make her yell at you."

A soft sigh escaped her pink lips as she let herself fall down. "Listen, I shouldn't have come here in the first place...I thought you would understand."

I groaned before rubbing my face. "And I do." I answered. "What did you say to your mom when she said things about Kelly?" I queried.

Her hand ran through her straight hair. "I told her that my father would have understood...And, I also said that it looked like, I was the only one who cared about my dad's death."

A short gasp stuck in my throat as I squinted my eyes. "Ren..." I started, looking for the right words. "What you said is...so fucking wrong. Your mom loved your dad, but it's not because she doesn't talk about him a lot that, she is not affected by his lost."

"I know..." She told me quietly. "I was so damn mean with her."

"You were." I replied. "You should think about what you are doing and saying!" I explained.

She looked away, avoiding my state. "I don't want to. It's not hard to understand, right?"

I shrugged and laid back in bed. "I don't know, Ren. But, you aren't going to give Kelly away...I could keep her? Or something like that." I proposed.

She shook her head. "No, thank you." She quickly replied.

"Fucking hell." I muttered. "I'm just trying to help you! Why don't you trust me?"

She bit her lower lip, trying to find the right words. "Cause...I don't know Shawn! I just don't want to!"

"You don't want to, eh?" I chuckled dryly. "What the fuck? And, I-I thought you were different, Ren..." I muttered

"Different? You thought I was different?"

I nodded my head, slowly. "I did."

She rolled her eyes, standing up. "I'm not different. I'm just a lonely girl, without a dad, a busy mom and zero friends. How fun is that?" She laughed pushing the tears away. "I would be pretty normal if I was going to parties and had friends but, that's not me."

"That's not what I meant..." I started.

She cleared her throat. "I should just go back to mine, and, leave you alone." She spoke, grabbing her stuff and heading out of the apartment.

I waited for her to pass the door, so, I could let out a long sigh, escaping my lips. I rubbed my face, pulled the sheets over my head and fell back asleep. Too tired to be concerned about what happened.

authors note:

I think I'm back? And for good?
That's a huge thing to say BUT, I think
I'm ready to start to write again this book.

Sorry if I did mistakes!