eight; furious woman

SERENITY HUDSON

My eyes, glued at the furious woman pacing in my living room. My mom decided, to give me a little visit because she got a warning from the owner of the building, about Kelly. We already had this conversation, three months ago because my neighbor decided to tell the owner. She already gave me three warnings, hoping it would change my opinion on my puppy which was totally false.

And, I never understood why animals were forbidden in my building. If you are independent and really autonomous, then where is the problem? Kelly never barked in the apartment or made noises who could bother my neighbors, I didn't see where was the problem.

"Serenity, honey, I already told you to give that dog to someone else!" Exclaimed my mom.

I scoffed. "To who? Uh? I don't have any friends or family here, except you!" I yelled. "And, I won't give that damn dog back!" I added, taking my mom by surprise. I never really yelled at her, before.

"Then, you and I will have a problem." She pointed her index at me, still walking like a mad man.

I groaned. "Could you just stop pacing? It makes me sick." I told her, rubbing my eyes.

"What should I do, eh? Make you move out?" She chuckled sadly.

I shrugged, petting Kelly. "Maybe." I answered. "Or I'll go talk to the damn owner and tell her what I think!" I argued back, sighing right after. "You know that I have no one else, except you, Shawn and Kelly. I won't let her down. She is my dog for god's sake!"

"Honey..." She started as I shook my head.

I looked up at the ceiling. "Dad would have understood me. It's hard to live alone, especially when you are always working and when you come to visit is for yelling at me."

She inhaled. "Don't bring up your dad, Serenity." She warned me. "He is not here anymore!"

"That is the problem! He is not here anymore! How should I act?" I queried, my mom closed her eyes taking a deep breath.

She looked right at me and stood up. "I miss your father too! Stop acting like you are the only one."

I laughed sadly, shaking my arms in the air. "I'm acting like that cause it seems like I am the only who cares about his death..." I muttered. "You know what? I'm out." I told her grabbing Shawn's jacket, my keys, and Kelly.

"Where are you going?" She yelled after me as I walked to the lift.

I giggled. "Don't forget to lock the door."

The walk to Shawn's apartment was quicker than usual, maybe because I wasn't paying attention. This whole argument was ridiculous but I would never let my puppy and, my mom seemed to not understand. She did not let me explain myself about it, she just wanted to end it as soon as she could.

My hand pushed the ring as Kelly was peacefully waiting for him to open the door. A little longer after, a tall girl around seventeen came opening the door.

"Am I at Shawn's apartment?" I asked. The girl was about to talk but Shawn interrupted her.

He walked over the door, a towel around his waist as water drops fell on him. "Ren!" He exclaimed, grabbing my hand and dragging me inside. "Kels!" He cooed kneeling down and kissed her head.

"Do I know you?" Queried the girl, who opened the door.

I shook my head timidly. "Liyah, this is Serenity." He spoke kissing my cheek. "Ren, this is my sister, Aaliyah."

"Hey." I offered her a sweet smile as she hummed. "Nice to meet you."

Shawn kissed my cheek one last time, before walking to his room. "So, you are Serenity."

"Indeed am." I chuckled. "And this is Kelly." I showed the puppy playing with Emilia.

"She is cute." She stated as I nodded. "Shawn talks about you a lot." She added, making me blush lightly. "He keeps saying that you changed his life and his perspective on seeing the world. You seem like a good girl."

I grinned. "I am, your brother is probably the most amazing person I've never met." I spoke as she smirked

She sat correctly and arched an eyebrow. "You like him, eh?"

I was about to answer but, Shawn walked out of the room and wrapped his two arms around my neck. Aaliyah gave me a look before standing up. She walked over us and hugged both of us.

"I should leave you two alone, I will see you tomorrow Shawn." She grinned crazily before pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I was cool to meet you, Serenity."

"Bye, I love you!" Yelled Shawn before she closed the door. "What are you doing here, Ren?" He asked kissing my cheek.

I turned around and locked my two arms around his torso. "I had a fight with my mom and you were the first person who came in my mind after." I admitted. "I hope this is okay."

He chuckled, sending vibrations into his chest. "Of course, it is." He replied. "What happened with your mom?"

"Can I tell you later?" I questioned with a long sigh. "I just want to cherish this moment...with you." I told him quietly.

I looked up, tiptoed and laid a chaste kiss on his chin. "You can sleep here if you want." He murmured.

I hummed and closed my eyes, enjoying this moment. "Can I sleep with you? I recently started to have nightmares about what happened to my dad and-"

He hushed. "You can, Ren. Everything for you, remember?"

author's note:

I am hella soft. Bye.