fourteen; coming back where i belong

SERENITY HUDSON
"New York was a city where you could be frozen to death in the midst of a busy street and nobody would notice."

"Serenity! Could you wait?" Yelled Olly, trying to stay behind me while I walked in the train station.

I laughed. "I could but, you're being too slow." I argued back.

"We just had hours of train, my legs weren't ready to almost run after you!" He complained. "What makes you so excited?"

I shrugged, knowing that Shawn is waiting for me. "Nothing! Just hurry, Olly! Please." I begged as a sigh escaped his lips.

"We have nothing or no one waiting for us out there!" He yelled, making me roll my eyes. "Ren!"

I stopped and turning around. "The taxi is waiting here, so hurry the fuck up! I already agreed to take you home with me so, listen to me."

"Sorry." He muttered. "...mom." He added as I laughed.

I showed him my middle finger, as we finally walked outside. "Fuck you, Olly. Bringing you here was the worst idea ever."

"Tell me you preferred Dante, Mony or Debby?" He queried, eyeing me up and down. "Uh! See! You wanted me cause I'm your partner in crime, remember?" He winked.

"You are so, so, annoying. I swear." I mumbled

While Olly continued to rant, my eyes scanned the busy street, trying to find my tall boyfriend. A sigh fell from my dry lips as I didn't notice him. Maybe he forgot me? He wouldn't. We talked about it over the phone this morning.

"Serenity?" Someone said with a familiar voice, he tapped my shoulder and, waited for me to turn around.

Olly frowned. "Ren, someone is waiting for you to turn around, and, just said your name." He gasped.

I chuckled. "You are really that dumb, Olly?" I said to him as he tried to look offended.

I spun on myself while I'm greeting by a strong and warm hug from him. His cologne hit my nose, as, I wrapped my arms around him, enjoying being close.

"Hey." I whispered, pulling away.

"Wow, you are really friendly with that taxi driver." Commented my cousin, making me sigh.

Shawn laughed loudly, before wrapping his arm around me. "Hey man, I'm Shawn and you must be Oliver?"

My cousin cleared his throat. "Oh, yeah, that's me." He mumbled. "But, call me Olly please."

I tiptoed so I could reach Shawn's ear. "He hates Oliver." I commented, making Shawn nods.

"Alright Olly, well, I'm Serenity's boyfriend." Said Shawn out loud.

Olly looked at me, an expression of shock on his face. "Boyfriend?" He chuckled. "Serenity doesn't date, and, especially not you."

Shawn frowned. "Why not me?"

He shrugged. "Well, you look too perfect." He laughed. "Anyways, Serenity, you can stop your prank. It's not funny." Stated Olly.

I bit my lower lip. "I'm not really joking. He's really my boyfriend." I told him.

Olly's eyes went wide as he hid his mouth with his free hand. "So...you were on the phone with him all that time? Oh, my god. Debby and I are really siblings for a reason."

"You guys were spying on me?" I gasped.

"Well...Yeah." He replied. "We were just curious, you seemed different since the last time we saw each other. We just assumed you had some..."

Shawn cackled next to me as, my elbow hit his rib, a blush crept on my cheeks. "You thought I was talking to my sex buddy? What the hell? You guys are really dumb!"

"Sorry, Ren." Talked Olly, as, I rubbed my face.

Shawn kissed my temple and cleared his throat. "Lets just stop talking and go home, okay?" Proposed Shawn as I hummed.

"Yeah, lets just do this." I answered.

Shawn grabbed my luggage, while we walked to the car. Olly followed me closely, still not saying anything about the fact that I had a boyfriend. I hopped in the car, waiting for Shawn to start.

"Is someone hungry?" Questioned Shawn.

Olly put his hand on the air. "I-I am..."

"No. I will just cook at home." I told him as he nodded. "Don't worry, I got better at cooking. I won't kill you."

Shawn chuckled, making eye contact with Olly behind. "So, I assume that you are the partner in crime of Ren?"

His lips curved into a smile. "Indeed am. I'm his favorite even though, she won't admit it."

"Why is that?" Asked Shawn, looking at the road, hand on my thigh.

Olly shrugged, like if the answer was simple. "Debby is the oldest, Mony is a bitch and Dante is a guy while I am, Olly. Her savior from this weird family."

I let out a chuckle. "Come on! Our family isn't that weird, Olly." 

He hummed. "If you say so." He answered. "But, our family is evil."

"No!" I protested, and, thought a moment. "Well, maybe you're right." I murmured.

"I'm always right, sweetie." He grinned, eating some kit kat. "However, is he really your boyfriend?"

I closed my eyes for a second. "He is. We got together before I left for The Hamptons."

My cousin nodded, watching Shawn quickly. "And does your mom know?"

I shook my head. "She doesn't."

"But, she knows me!" Replied Shawn, giving my thigh a squeeze. "We met months ago, Serenity was with her mom and I happened to be in the same place, so, I introduced myself. A lovely woman." Shawn said, making me smile softly.

Olly agreed. "I agree. Serenity and Selena are the most normal people in this family." He spoke. "You look kind of nice, by the way." He added. "Remind me your name?"

"Shawn." I answered. "His name is Shawn."

"Gotchu." He winked, putting his headphones on. I waited a moment to hear his music, then let out a sigh.

"Wow, finally." I mumbled. "He couldn't stop talking or ranting."

"He's just happy." Hummed Shawn, smiling. "He's funny."

I nodded. "And...annoying. You can say it."

Shawn shook his head. "He's not that annoying!"

"Trust me, he is!" I argued back, letting out a giggle. "He's staying for a week. I'm gonna pray."

"I found it funny that he thought I was your fuck buddy." Chuckled Shawn, making roll my eyes. "What?" He replied, noticing my stare. "It's funny!"

"It is! But, it makes me look like... I don't really know what." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

Shawn leaned in, so he could kiss my cheek. "You're my girl, not something else, okay?" He whispered, leaving a kiss before pulling away and drove home.

authors note:

Here is a lil update! Cause i'm feeling myself!!!!