seventeen; important

SHAWN MENDES
"I have learned that friendship isn't about who you've known for the longest, it's about who came and never left."

One year that I'm sharing my life with Serenity. It's been amazing, of course we had our ups and downs but, it's like we instantly clicked.

You know they said that God made us with four arms, four legs. But, he found it weird so he separated us and, the other part of our body was actually our soulmate.

Serenity was my soulmate.

Tonight, I decided to make my girlfriend meets my best friends. We haven't been in Toronto a lot, we would just come for see my family then drive back to New York. And luckily, she agreed to see my childhood friends.

My friends weren't that complicated. Well, they were Canadians, nice and kind. Serenity was way more shy than them but, I definitely knew she was going to take on her.

"I really want them me to like me." Mumbled Serenity grabbing my hand.

I chuckled, kissing her cheek softly. "They will like you, for sure." I whispered in her ear. "I just know they will."

"But, what if they don't?" She replied back. "How do I know if they like me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Babe, don't worry." I said as we walked into the bar.

I was used to come to this bar since I was nineteen, except that it's the first time for Serenity. It was a cozy and lovely bar in downtown Toronto, way too busy but enjoyable.

We, soon, spotted my best friends drinking and laughing. I offered her reassuring smile to Serenity as she squeezed my hand, walking behind me.

"Look who it is!" Yelled Brian. "The New York guy." He laughed as I chuckled, hugging him.

I wrapped my arm around Serenity's neck. "Hey guys, so it's Serenity."

Matt hummed, smiling. "Nice to meet you, Shawn can't stop talking about you."

Serenity laughed, looking up at me. "In good, I hope."

"Of course." I murmured leaving a soft kiss on her temple.

Five minutes later, she already kind of knew everyone. Matt, Jon, Brian and Lola were here. I met Brian back in kindergarten but, I started being friends with the others in high school and we never left each other.

"I'm going for drinks." Exclaimed Jon. "You guys want something?" He queried.

I nodded. "Raymond Massey for my girl and a Rev for me, thank you man."

Serenity leaned into me. "What is a Raymond Massey?"

I giggled. "You will love it. It's a combination of whiskey, ginger syrup, and champagne."

"Oh." She whispered. "Sounds good."

Brian smirked. "So, tell me about Serenity!" He smiled to her.

I sent him a glare. "It's not a police questioning." I told him

"I mean..." He started. "If she's it, I need to know her right?"