Chapter 40 : Bottled

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

He's the Greek god of war.

The son of Zeus and Hera.

He typically faces humiliation

And is known as the lover of Aphrodite,

He's Ares.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I shot to my feet, scraping my chair back

I shot to my feet, scraping my chair back. My eyes were still glued to the phone screen. I reread the two messages over and over. Just to confirm what I was seeing.

I was startled back into the present when a hand grabbed my arm. I turned to a questioning Liam. "Where are you going? You were saying something."

"I'll tell you later." I ran out of class and into the hallway. A tear slipped across my cheeks and I quickly brushed it away.

Who the heck is this guy and why is he texting me? What does he want?

I couldn't tell Liam about the message. He clearly doesn't trust me. So why should I bother trusting him?

The hallway was slowly crowding up and I had to find the Petersons, ASAP. Someone grabbed me around the waist, lifting and swinging me around before placing me back on solid ground. "Hello, Pickles!"

I covered up with a smile and faced him. "Pedro."

He watched me for a second and frowned. Crap. Is it that obvious?

I tried changing the subject. "Look, It's obvious you want answers concerning last night and--"

He rose an eyebrow, folded his arms behind him, and leaned forward. "No need. I've heard Zion's part, but it's left with yours. Anyway, he wants us to meet."