²⁸│𝘙𝘶𝘣𝘺

|RUBY'S P.O.V.|

Ruby slid her phone into her pack pocket of her jeans. Making her way down the front porch stairs of her house. The wood creaking underneath her feet.

Her then making her way down the side walk, passing the neighboring houses. Normally, she would have taken her car to the store, but since it wasn't really that far, she decided to go for a walk. Just wanting to enjoy the fresh outdoors.

A soft breeze causing her ears to twitch here and there. Her tail staying completely still as she calmly walked to the convenience store.

Pushing open the glass door, a little bell ringing above her, notifying the cashier that a new customer had just walked in.

Ruby smiled sweetly at the teenager standing behind the counter, her looking up from her phone with a smile, waving, and then looking back down.

Ruby walked down an aisle, stopping in front of the chips section. Seeing the variety's caused her mouth to water just a little. Proceeding to grab a bag she really like before making her way towards the back. Opening up the fridge door and grabbing a sprite, closing the door and going back to the front. Placing the said items on to the counter so the teen could scan them.

"That'll be $3.57." She looked up at Ruby. "Would you like a bag?" She added, and Ruby shock her head, placing the money in the girls hand. Grabbing her belongings and exiting the building. Heading back the way she came.

Only for a black van to speed her way. Two to be exact.

Her blood ran cold as her ears went flat against her head. The vehicles didn't turn in any other directions. They were heading straight towards her.

She didn't know what to do. She turned right and ran, her speed accelerating before jumping over a fence. Landing roughly on the bright green grass. A male standing beside a grill looked over at her in shock. He was standing there, frozen as she stood up. His kids had stopped playing and they too, stared in bewilderment.

Ruby looked down at the bag of chips and sprite bottle in her hands before placing them down on the table not to far from the back door of the mans house.

She quickly started running again as she heard a door slam and people running in the direction she went.

She jumped over another fence, rolling on to the ground before getting up again. Only to be tackled to the ground. Her back coming into contact with the grass. A male wearing all black pining her arms down as he sat on her torso. Hate vividly showing in his eyes. But he was then kicked in the head by yet another male.

The male gently grabbed Ruby's wrist, pulling her up and to his side. The men in black surrounding the two of them.

"Give her to us and we wont hurt you." The male who was kicked in the head spoke.

"No, I don't think I will." The male standing beside her said. Only then did more people show up, obviously working with the man who saved her from that other guy.

The male turned to Ruby as a fight broke out.

"My name is Soobin, my boss is Ms. Kim." He grabbed her by the forearm, dragging her behind him as they ran. Jumping over fences before seeing two black SUV'S parking in front of us.

The both of us quickly getting in before the driver sped off.

Hold up.

"What the hell, how do I know I can trust you?" Rudy asked, squinting her eyes.

"You can trust me. We're here to protect you from a man by the name of Christopher James. Right now, he is currently after large cat hybrids, meaning, he was after you. Thankfully, we got to you in time." He looked at her with soft eyes.

"Where is this Ms. Kim?" she asked another question.

"In the vehicle in front of us." He answered, pointing to the SUV in front.

"Where are we going?" Was her next question and she still had a lot more.

Who was this Chris guy? Why was he after hybrids? What did he do with them after kidnapping the,? Why did Ms. Kim and her men save me in the first place?

"Her home."

════════

Word Count: 733