Chapter Thirty-Six: Execute

"Aria, what is this?"

Gently, she removed her wrist from my hold and looked up at me with pleading eyes.

"Did he do this to you?" I sharply asked.

"He lost his temper, he took things a little far." A slow tear slipped down the side of her face.

I exhaled slowly, internally fuming at the scene. I looked at her cheek and turned her head slightly. "Did he slap you too?"

Her front teeth sunk into her bottom lip. "Yes."

I looked over her head, forward. The heat of my blood was flowing through my veins, urging me to release the tension. My jaw was clamped, sore from grinding my molars together. Fingernails dug into my palms as I clenched my fists.

I'm going to kill him.

Swiftly, I moved away from her and barged down the hallway like a rabid dog of their large house. When I spotted the target by the front door, I stormed up to him and got close to his face, practically towering over him.

"You think you're a tough guy?" I shouted. "You think you can get power from hitting a woman? Your own fucking daughter?"

A startled Terry cleared his throat. "Step aside." But I'd be sent to hell before I obeyed his orders.

As he attempted to walk away, I slammed him into the wall.

"Kid, you're about to cross a line that cannot be taken back," Terry glared.

I sarcastically huffed. "You're a fucking coward. Give me one reason why I shouldn't do the same to you as you did to her." I stood only a few inches from his face. "Make it good, I could cause a lot more damage."

"Eli," Aria called softly from the side of me. I hadn't realized she was in the same room. I didn't care.

Terry snapped, yelling, "I'm her father, I will discipline her anyway I feel necessary! Get your hands off of me."

I stepped back for a moment and gave him a laugh of pity. "You're not the only one she calls daddy, bud."

I heard a faint whistle fall out of Miles mouth, wherever he was.

"Eli," Aria whispered again.

"You... " He turned to his daughter, then back to me. "You bastard son of a bitch..." He snarled.

His eyes turned from anger to shock - it was as if he's seen a ghost. The moment didn't last long before it turned to the same rage a bull feels when it sees red. He lifted his fist and swung it towards my face but I caught it in my hand and firmly held his fist in place. He wasn't expecting my strength. I crushed his fist in mine, hearing a slow crackle formulate.

"Dad!" Aria wailed. "Don't, guys - Let go of each other!"

Terry yanked his arm back and shoved his chest towards me. "Careful what you do. Don't think I've forgotten about you, Kingsley. I wasn't certain it was you until I took a peak at your records. It wouldn't look good for you to assault a police officer. Again," Terry said.

"Then you'd know that I have no problem taking care of an issue I see necessary," I said in a form of a growl. "I don't show mercy on the weak."

"Listen to me, you lowlife piece of shit, I will raise my daughter in any form I please. If I want her to move home she will be moving home. If I need to raise my hand, I will because she's my daughter. She's mine. I will not be having a guest storm in here and tell me how to act in my own god damned house." He shoved me back but I barely moved.