Chapter Fifteen - Perfidy

Chapter Fifteen -- Perfidy

There was something about blood dripping down someone's face that generated me. If you looked closely at the details, it was a beautiful image. A cut on the side of his forehead, gashed wide enough that it was very well possible that he'll need stitches. Blue and purple discoloration begins to appear around the injury, a clear sign of irritated skin. Then, inside the wound, pressure building to the point of bursting skin, hit hard enough to pierce you; blood spilling out and running down the side of his face like red wine. So appealing.

Maybe that was why they called me psychotic sometimes - because I liked the look of a rough lifestyle. Maybe I shouldn't say that it made me joyous to see someone injured to that extent, but more... Intrigued.

My father was the same way. He liked to see me with cuts, bruises, and blood dripping down my body. He liked it because he caused it. I liked it because I lived it. It was all I knew.

That was why when I looked at a maculate Sam, I didn't fear the view, I didn't run - I stepped into it, thrilled. I may not have been the one to do it, which was better off that way, he'd be dead if I did.

My eyes scanned the five of them in the shed beside me. Sam, Tony, and three dangerous drug dealers that I've come to know very well over the last four years I've lived in this quiet town.

They should scare me. They could easily end my life - but I was okay with that.

I said nothing to them, instead took in the view of Sam's face and waited for them to continue on with their attempts to scare me. This was familiar.

"Sam tells me that you've been helping his debt." The leader of the three, Billy gave me an evasive stare.

I glanced at Sam's face and watched as his eyes dipped towards the floor in shame. Of course, he'd spill my name once violence came into it.

I gave a smirk.. "Why hello, boys. What's it to you if I did?" My voice is low, smooth, confident.

They have guns, they could easily shoot me.

I stepped into their business, one thing you're never supposed to do.

I could win.

"Your boys and I had a deal." Billy bellowed. "They work their debt off with me, until I tell them they're done."

"And you stepping in hurts our business," Billy's sidekick chimed in. "You wouldn't want to do that, would you?"

Billy's hand lifted up, letting the sidekick slip back into silence. I should know the other two's names by now, but I couldn't be bothered.

"They wouldn't be taught a lesson if you fixed their mistakes. And how do you think it makes me look when someone tries to take control over my power?" Billy's face was calm, almost reasonable.

He was making excuses to start a fight.

"I'm sure them helping you would only hurt your game more, no?" I almost laughed, and from the corner of my eye, Tony flinched in offence.

"How you sayin'?" Billy asked. His furrowed brow caused the various scars on his face to stretch.

I laughed out loud this time and motioned my head towards Sam. "Look at him," I grinned, maliciously. "You know as much as I do what he's been doing, otherwise you wouldn't have messed up his hideous face."

As much as he tried to hide it, Billy gave a smile to my remark. It was only a flash, before he replaced his face back into the violent character he portrayed himself to be. "I advise you to stay in your own Lane Eli. Taking off the top of his clients product is ours to deal with. With consequence."