Chapter Thirty-One: Nurture

Chapter Thirty-one: Nurture

Aria pulled away from me with widened eyes. "What?"

    I reached in my pocket and pulled out a sterling silver bracelet. There were three charms on it. The key and lock charms were silver as well, but the third charm, was a real diamond cut into the shape of a heart. "I love you," I said again while dropping the bracelet in her hands.

Her large eyes peered into mine.

"I'm certain of it," I reassured. "You fascinate me everyday, pretty girl. You can handle every situation that comes your way with ease and you've always got my back. I admire your bravery. I love you."

Aria looked from the bracelet and back up to me while I spoke. She was quiet, she was shocked.

"I appreciate you a lot," I continued. "You keep me grounded and... calm, even when I'm about to snap. Today alone... You've been flawlessly saving the day," I eyed her as she blushed and looked down at the bracelet in her hands. "You're my girl, I love you so much," I said with awe.

It felt like ages before she made a single sound.

My thumbs traced little circles on her leg while I waited for a response. I should be nervous, but I wasn't.

    "I love you too," She whispered with rose colored cheeks and a timid smile. Her eyes were beaming, more vibrant than usual.

    "Yeah?" I smiled, reached over and held the sides of her face and neck. I brought her into a kiss which she didn't hesitate to return. I kissed her multiple times over before I let her face go. She was smiling, as usual.

    "Wow," She cooed while holding the bracelet in her hands. "This is beautiful. Put it on me?" She asked and let the bracelet dangle over her wrist. I wrapped it around her and fastened the clasp before she snatched her hand away again to admire it again.

    "I hope you like it," I played with the lock charm before dropping my hand.

    "This is the best gift I've ever gotten," She said with a fascinating smile. "I love it. I love you."

    I was loved back.

    It was a better high than any drug I've ever taken. A feeling I haven't truly felt since a child.

"I'm glad," I murmured quietly.

"Elias Kingsley, falling in love, hm?" She smirked while looking up to me from her eyelashes. "Who would've thought."

I chuckled.  Certainly not me.

    The sky was setting into a beautiful array of colors. Orange, pink, yellow, blue, and purple. The way they collided together made it look like a painting, it was almost unreal. The sun met the horizon where the waterline rested, making it into a semi circle. The sun cascaded towards the boat, hitting the side of her sun kissed skin, while I remained in the shadows.

    "Beautiful sunset isn't it?" I asked. "I've never really noticed them before."

    "My favorite time of the day," She murmured. Suddenly, she stood up, which startled me. Why? I almost pouted. "I'll be right back," She said with a soft smile.

    I watched her walk away from me and into the sleeping quarters of the boat underneath. I let her take her time, having a few moments to herself while I took the opportunity to stare at the sunset. Each minute, the colors changed, fixating a whole new mood. This felt unreal.

    A sudden shift of senses spiked and I turned around.

    Holy motherfucking christ.

    Aria was standing there in the setting sunlight, wearing a dangerously seductive red bikini. No wonder she didn't take her clothes off in front of the family.