Chapter Thirty-Five: Hostile

There was nothing I could do to get rid of the purple discoloration under my eyes. Lack of sleep and a lot of booze the night before will do that to you. Miles was looking pretty beat himself while we made simple conversation outside on the front steps of their dreadful house.

Aria opened the door quietly and stepped down the steps, now standing in front of us. Her transparent nylons accentuated her legs perfectly. She was wearing a dress that she normally wouldn't, my guess to impress her parents. I shouldn't be talking though, I was wearing a dress shirt similar to Miles. I hated it. The only one I could find was a half sleeve which gave her parents a perfect opportunity to see my arm tattoos and judge me further.

"How's the hangover?" Miles asked Aria.

Aria gave a cheeky grin. "It finally went away a few hours ago. I've actually got a second wind now, I'm feeling great." Chipper as usual.

"That makes one of us," Miles muttered with a simple laugh.

"It's weird, I don't remember my bedsheets being green..."

I started laughing while hauling on my smoke. Miles smirked at her comment as well.

"What?" She asked.

"That's because they aren't the same one from last night," I said between inhales, then chuckled again. "You don't remember throwing up all over the bed last night?"

Aria's face turned three shades of pink as she gawked at me. "No I did not."

"Oh yes you did. You threw up all over the bed, then when I gave you your garbage can, you threw up in there, then spilled it. On me, might I add. But don't worry, love, I held your hair back," I winked at her with a smile on my face.

Miles started laughing and instigating her while she continued her attempts to redirect the conversation.

"I heard what you told mom last night," Miles raised an eyebrow. Aria shot a glance in my direction and I gave her an innocent shrug in return. "You get ballsy when you've had a few, I'll tell you that."

"Oh, I heard all about it this morning," Aria grumbled.

"How mad was dad when he found the shattered vase?"

Aria laughed. "He was furious as usual. Mom ratted me out and told him all about how I came home at three in the morning, plastered and disrespecting her house with my thug boyfriend." Her arms moved around while explaining herself, air quotes being thrown into the conversation.

"So in conclusion, this is going to be a really awkward dinner tonight," Miles accepted, nodding his head casually.

I sighed while ashing my cigarette. It would be even more awkward considering I took the heat for knocking over their vase last night. Nerves have been battling in my head since I woke up this morning; Hours upon hours of pondering just leaving while we can and avoiding the inevitable.

"It wouldn't be as awkward if we all smoked a joint," I mumbled.

Aria and Miles looked at each other and exchanged a glance, then looked back at me with wide eyes. I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head upwards as a gesture to ask them what they were thinking.

"Do you have any on you?" Miles asked.

"Yes."

"Do you think it's a good idea?" Aria asked the two of us. I had meant my comment more for myself rather than an actual plan but I wasn't against the idea.

"It's brilliant," Miles' lips turned into a malicious grin.

I shrugged and took the joint out of my cigarette package and gave Miles the lighter to go first. It was amusing that just last night he said he didn't even want to smoke a cig but now here he is getting high.