Chapter Thirty-Four: Inebriate

I didn't belong here. I wasn't a fan of parties of large crowds to begin with but to top it off, I couldn't even get high to feel more in my element.

Aria and Miles walked alongside me as we approached inside the doors of the house that seemed to have belonged to a rich teenager in those dumb movies. Everyone there was around twenty to twenty-seven which landed me in the middle, behind twenty-four. I didn't mind, no one knew me.

When Miles was noticed, everyone started screaming and cheering. I was uncomfortable by the curious people who were looking at me standing next to him; there were many eyeballs on us. I wasn't exactly pleased when a few hungry eyes raked their glances up and down my girlfriend either. They could look but they couldn't touch.

I had my hand on her middle back while I leaned down to her ear. "Why is everyone so happy to see us?" I murmured.

Aria laughed and turned her face towards me. "It's Miles's party. It's a celebration for him making it into the army officially."

I nodded. Congratulations.

    "Aria!" A high pitched sound outbeat the bumping music. Aria's back left my hand as she bolted away from me and literally pounced into another girl's arms.

I raised an eyebrow as I watched the two of them squeal of excitement towards each other. Then it wasn't just the two of them anymore, but four. All of them had matching grins of excitement as they spoke to each other, each hand on another girl's limb as they grasped on to each other.

She flipped her hair behind her shoulder and craned her neck towards my direction. I watched her intently while her seemingly friends spoke a thousand words per second. I gave a softened smirk to her, full knowing that she wasn't listening to a word they were saying anymore.

She grinned at me with rose colored cheeks after one of her friends whispered something in her ear. She lifted her arm up and waved me over to the chaos. I was already abandoned by Miles who was swarmed in a crowd of his large group of friends. I was the odd one out, scanning my surroundings while closely paying attention to one person in particular.

I walked slowly over to her while she waited impatiently. I caught the attention of her three friends who all shared a similar expression. An expression that screamed Who was he?

"Eli!" Aria smiled while dragging me closer to her. "These are my best friends from high school," She motioned her hand out.

I nodded towards the girls, intently observing each one of them. "Jaz," Aria politely pointed towards her caramel toned friend. She looked Persian by the way she had subtle cultural features in her carefully chosen outfit.

"Casey," Aria grinned at her redhead friend who looked like a dalmatian with her speckled freckles on every crevice of her skin.

"And Olivia," Aria motioned towards her last friend, a tall brunette.

Each of the girls dressed similar but not as well pulled off as Aria.

"Hey," I spoke with a charming smile and extra rasp in my voice. "I'm Eli, Aria's boyfriend."

Olivia bit her lip while the other two grinned from ear to ear. "We heard a lot about you but we didn't expect this," She spoke with intrigue.

Casey smacked her arm with a scold. "She doesn't mean it in that way."

I raised an eyebrow. "I get it," I said.

"Such a bad boy vibe," Olivia said cunningly.

"It's a real pleasure to meet you, Eli. You must be having the time of your life at her parents house huh?" Casey spoke again with humor. "I lost ten bucks by the way. I bet Olivia that she would hide you in a hotel before taking you back to her house."