Chapter 5- Such a warm welcome

Start from the beginning

"Daddy! There's a dirty, ugly, smelly, hobo with horrible fashion sense in our living room!" She shrieks. I feel like I'm sinking, and not as happy as I was before.

"Tara! Don't call your brother that!" I hear another female voice yell. we both look into the hallway as a women who looks exactly like the girl walks in.

"A hobo!" She screams running at the girl. "Stay away!" She commands holding her hand out and putting the girl behind her back.

"Mummy, what's going on?" A little girl with light brown hair in pj's and holding a Teddy bear yawns.

"Nalise! Get behind Tara!" The woman yells.

"Who's she?" The little girl, Nalise, asks.

"I don't know! Get behind me!" She demands.

"Hi." She waves at me yawning again.

"Nally!" She grabs Nalise and holds her behind her back. The little girl clutches her mom's skirt. Sure dad, make yourself at home. Everyone seems to want me here. It's silly of me to think anyone would want me. I blame myself for not leaving.

"Liam!" The woman screeches.

"I can just leave......." I suggest backing up towards the back door in view.

"Don't talk!" She screams backing away.

"Mum! She probably has diseases and they're in our living room now!" The older girl, Tara, whines.

"We need your father to kick this scumbag out of our house, then I'll call someone to bleach our carpet." She tells the girl. That was it. I can tell when it's time to leave. I run to the back door and force it open, running outside.

"Bye bye." I hear the little girl say. I keep running past their patio, gazebo, pool, and so many other things. I needed to find a way away from them. If I could only jump over their giant fence. I can at least hide behind the fence. I run there and curl up behind their shed. I let the tears rock me back and forth. They were right. Liam was playing with me. He brought me here to show me no one wanted me, or to scare me away. I wished to go home before realizing I don't have one. I don't have anywhere to go or anyone to cry to. I was always alone. I hear the door slide again and turn to look out from behind the shed. Liam was coming over. To chase me off. I lean up against the wall as Liam comes around.

"What are you doing out here?" Liam asks me kneeling beside me.

"Doing what everyone wants me to do. Go away." I cry.

"Aileen, I don't want you to go away." He reassures.

"Yes you do. You never wanted me in the first place and you only brought me here to show me what I would never have." I say covering my face.

"No, I do want you!" He says trying to hug me. I actually push him away.

"They didn't." I say.

"But I do. I don't care what they think. I want you, and they're going to have to live with that. Besides, your mother is coming. She's coming to meet you." He tells me.

"She is?" I ask hopefully wiping my tears.

"Yeah. She can't wait." He smiles.

"Do you think if I go back in they won't mind?" I question.

"I think I sorted them out." Liam tells.

"Lets go." I say getting up.

"Thats my girl." He says putting his arm around my shoulder. We walk back into the house and I instantly get a dirty look from Tara. A little boy is there too.

"Tara." Liam says giving her a look she stops and rolls her eyes. "This is Aileen. She's your half-sister." Liam tells the kids.

"Nice to meet you." I almost whisper.

"Aileen, this is Tara." He motions to the older girl, "Andrew." He points the the boy, "And Nalise." He says. Nalise is the friendliest and waves with her eyes closed and a big smile.

"Aileen, this is Emily, my wife." He says indicating the tall woman who was screaming at me earlier.

"I'm so sorry for my behavior earlier. I didn't know you were Liam's daughter." She apologizes. It seems phony. She doesn't really mean it.

"It's ok." I tell her. That's a lie.

"She's going to be staying with us, so you might want to get used to each other." Liam says to everyone.

"If she's going to be living with us she can't wear that." Tara says snootily.

"Tara." Liam repeats.

"No, she's right." I say.

"Let's get her new clothes!" Emily claps.

"Are we goin shoppy?" Nalise wonders.

"Yes baby! I'm going to change you and we go!" Emily cheers picking Nalise up and going away.

"Do you want to go shopping?" Liam asks me.

"Sure. I've never really been clothes shopping. I always got hand me downs from the one cousin I had." I tell him. Josephine had one sister who had one mean, rude, spoiled daughter. I was given all her hand me downs which by that point were old and ripped up. I've never had anything new, really. This would be something new.

"If you want to. It's up to you." He tells me.

"I wanna go." I decide. I've always wanted to do this. I hear steps and Emily comes with Nalise into the area. Nalise has a cute little purple dress with leggings on. She's adorable! Liam and I walk to meet them.

"Ready to go?" Emily asks me.

"Sure." I answer.

"Drew, you going or staying with me?" Liam asks the boy.

"I don't wanna go clothes shopping. That's for girls." He says making a yuck face.

"That settles that. Nally and Tara are going with you?" Liam asks Emily.

"Yes." She answers for them both.

"You guys should get go-" Liam pauses mid-sentence as the doorbell rings. He goes over to the door and freezes when he looks through.

"You're mothers here."

_______________________

Cliffhanger! Kind of. So yeah that's the chapter. You guys still with me? Thanks for reading if you did :)

Unwanted (Payzer)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara