FORTY-FOUR

Parish 

"Smile baby."

"Parish get that camera out my face," Dallas groaned swatting me away.

"She's a bit cranky right now but that's because you're sitting on her ribs," I rubbed her stomach then turned the camera to me. "We're so ready for you baby boy. You need to hurry up and get here safely of course. Mama tell him how much you want him to be here."

"I'm going to break that camera," Laughing I ended the video and set the camera on the dresser. "My back is killing me and you want to record shit. Help me sit down."

"I'm sorry baby," I held her hand and helped her carefully sit down in the rocking chair. "I'm just so happy time is winding down. I'm about to be a father." The thought alone made me emotional and scared but I was ready.

I've been watching Juliana for Justice and Kola and I've been reading books plus going to parenting classes. I planned to be a better parent than mine ever was. My son is going to be proud to call me his father and I put that on the last breath that I take.

"Parish calm down. You've been obsessing over this whole thing. You're going to make an amazing father."

"You think?"

"I know," She smiled leaning down to give me a kiss. I love this girl so much without her I wouldn't know what to do. It's crazy how quickly we fell for each other but giving her another chance was the best thing I've ever done.

"Can you help me to bed now I'm so tired." I nodded helping her get into the bed that was on the other side of the room. After making sure she was okay and as comfortable as she could be I went into the nursery.

PJ was plastered on the way in bright colors making me smile. This is everything I've always wanted after all the shit I've been through it's all is going to be worth it now. All because of my girl and my son.

These last couple of months I've made so many changes. I stopped hustling and now I'm working on building a weed dispensary business with Justice. I got clean, and I've been left my hoes alone. I had my life together and for that I'm proud.

I haven't really talked to my mom. She knew that I was having a baby and she was excited but we still don't really talk. Her boyfriend is still around and because of that, I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable with my child being at her house. She got pissed and blew up on me. That was two months ago and we haven't talked since.

I wish things were different between us but what can you do? Life goes on.

Later that night when I went to sleep I was woken up by Dallas shaking me.

"What's wrong?" I asked jumping up. I looked over and saw that her pants were wet. "Did your water break?" I asked hoping out of the bed.

"Parish relax," she spoke calmly as I ran around the room grabbing everything we needed. I've been preparing for this moment for so long.

"Are you in any pain do I need to get the wheelchair?" I bought a wheelchair a couple of months ago in case she was in any pain and couldn't walk but to my surprise, she stood and wobbled into the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" I asked as she grabbed her makeup bag and started to set things out.

"I need to do my hair and makeup. I'm not in any pain right now so I need to do it before-" She stopped and hisses doubling over in pain. I ran over and rubbed her stomach soothingly until it passed.

"Ok, I'll keep track of them." I knew the contractions had to last one minute and be at least 5 minutes apart. I didn't want to wait too long because it still is kind of early.