THIRTY-THREE

Rebel 

When I got back to Atlanta I dropped Penny off at home then decided that I would swing by Justice's place. We needed to have a serious talk. I was dreading talking to him but I knew that I had to. I wanted to apologize to Kola also. She didn't have shit to do with our fight and I shouldn't have ever brought her in it.

When I got there I just sat outside. Anger filled my body as I thought about him being around me all of these years. When I would cry about my mother he was the one who would wipe my tears away and just knowing that he was the one who took her away from me pissed me off more than I could explain. I knew that if he wouldn't have killed her that Jim would have killed both of them then I would've really been alone in this world.

Before I got out of the car my phone started to ring. I looked at it and it read 'Malibu'. I answered putting it on speaker.

"What's going on?"

"My due date is on the 17th are you going to be able to make it?"

"Man, what happened to you moving down here?" I fucked up getting her pregnant but I still wanted to be active in my child's life and I can't do that if she's two thousand miles away from me.

"I can't leave my family like that Rebel. I'm only 15 I'm still in school."

"You can do schooling here or online. Brie, I can't be a father when my son is two thousand miles away. I told you I'll take care of everything."

"I can't do this Rebel," She started to cry causing me to sigh. "I think I should give him up for adoption."

"No. You should have had an abortion but you didn't so here we are. You not throwing my son away like he means nothing. You decided to keep him so deal with it." I didn't mean to be harsh but I told Brielle that life doesn't get easier with a child. She still decided to keep him so these are the things that she has to deal with.

"What if you just take him then?"

"I can't raise a baby by myself Brielle we talked about that already. You'll be fine once he gets here but you have to come to Atlanta so I can help you."

"Yeah okay," She sniffed.

"Look I'ma call you back but I'm serious you coming even if I gotta come to get you myself." I hung up and got out of my car. I met Brielle through Penny. She was one of her cousin's friends and we kicked it when she down here. I didn't know she lived in Malibu until she told me she was pregnant.

This is going to be my 6th child and 3rd boy. I gotta tell Justice that she's about to give birth and on top of that Penny is pregnant again. If it ain't one thing it's another and I know he isn't going to be happy.

I knocked softly on the door and waited until he opened it. He looked at me for a second then slid over so I could come in.

"Where Kola?" I asked walking in the house. I wanted to apologize to her first.

"She sleep," I nodded stuffing my hands in my pocket.  

"I wanted to come over so we can talk." He sat at the kitchen table and stuck his hand out for me to sit down. I sat and just looked down at the table for a minute. I'm not good at saying sorry and I didn't really want to since he killed my mother.

"Anything you wanna talk about?" He asked crossing his arms.

"My baby due in a couple of days," he nodded as I cleared my throat. "And Penny told me that she's pregnant again. Before you say anything I know I'm dumb I'm stupid and I need to learn how to put on a condom but there's nothing I can do about it now she's already starting to show."