FORTY

Kola 

I sat at the table taping my fresh manicured set against it. My nerves were starting to get the better of me but I made a promise so here I was. A couple of seconds later I saw her white Benz pull up and park in the handicapped parking space. I rolled my eyes because she knows she could have parked to the regular space right next to it.

I took a deep breath as I watched her step inside the restaurant. She noticed me and I saw her eyes roll slightly before walking over.

"Let's make this quick I got places to be," She said sitting down in front of me. I took a sip of my water to calm myself down.

"Okay how about this I don't be rude to you and you don't be rude to me ok?"

"How about you tell me why I'm here and I talk to you how I want to?" She gave me an evil smile.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Like honestly you walk around me hating me and talking shit about me for what? For something my mom did? How many fucking times do I have to tell you that I didn't know anything about?" I was really starting to get pissed.

"My dad left."

"So did mine Winter but I didn't blame anybody else for it! I can understand you blaming me when you were younger but now you a grown-ass woman you need to stop acting like that. It's not fucking cute." She sighed rolling her eyes at me.

"Is that all you called me here for?"

"I called you here so we can end this little dumb-ass beef. I've listened to you talk down on me, make fun of me and you're my fucking cousin. We used to be so close what happened?"

"What happened is your mom starting sucking my dad's dick."

"OK so he cheats with my mom, which isn't right, then your mom finds out and divorces him and then he runs off and leaves his child without so much as a card and you blame me? How does that even sound."

She didn't say anything because she knew it didn't make any sense.

"I'm not asking that we go back to being best friends but can we please stop hating each other? I'm so sick of that I got so many other things to worry about." She groaned loudly as the waiter came over.

"Can I take you ladies order?" I looked at Winter to see what she was going to do. She looked up at the waiter then at the menu that was plastered on the table.

"Can I have the nacho supreme," He nodded then turned to me.

"I'll have the same thank you," He walked away and I turned back to her. "So we good?"

"I guess, but I'm not going against Baby no matter what." I held my hands up in defense. Whatever she and that bitch had going on didn't interest me at all.

"So um how's your mom?" I know she took finding out that her husband was sleeping with her sister hard. I haven't seen or heard from her in years though.

"She's good she's clean now," Winter smiled causing me to do the same. Her mom got into crack heavy years ago but finding out she was clean made me happy. She used to be like my second mom.

"What about your mom?" I sighed deeply and just shook my head. "I'm sure she'll get better. It just took my mom some time."

"She's had 13 years," I mumbled as the waiter came back over with our food.

"Can I be honest for a second?" I looked up at her and nodded. "I think you and Justice are so cute together. I know Ashely wants him to be with her but let's be real he'll never be with her ass."