TWENTY-THREE

Ashely (Baby) 

I rubbed my growing belly in a circular motion. Being pregnant was such a new experience with me an experience I thought I would share closely with Justice but because of her, that's all over now. I never meant to hurt Justice as much as I did but I wanted to make it right.

I'm still in love with Justice and that's not going to go away no matter what. I know I might act crazy but that's how love makes you. Nothing and no one could keep me away from him.

"Ashely you finished cooking," Rico's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Sighing, I got up and walked into the kitchen where I fixed his plate which consisted of baked chicken, mac n cheese and candied yams. "Took yo ass long enough," He spat as I walked into the room.

I sat the plate on his lap and stood there waiting for him to critique me. Rico insisted on eating in his room instead of the kitchen like anyone else. I watched as he picked up his fork and started to poke at the yams.

"Well for one they're too fucking soft," I didn't say anything as he took a bite out of his chicken. "Blah," He spits the food out back onto the plate then turned to me. "You trying to poison me?"

"What? No, Rico, I would never," He threw the plate against the wall behind me causing me to duck before it could hit me. As he started to get up I backed up towards the wall and tripped over the broken plate in the process.

"What you backin' up for?" He asked stalking towards me. It was times like these I wished Justice would just take me back. "Come here," I shook my head placing my hand on the doorknob ready to run. "Bitch I said come here," He snapped me towards him by my hair causing me to screech.

"Come taste this shit since that's what you want to feed me," He threw me down and my hands flew out to stop myself from falling on my stomach. "Eat it," He demanded pressing my face into the food.

"Rico please," I cried when his foot went back as if he was about to kick me. He stopped midway and laughed loudly.

"Look at you protecting that bitch ass baby," He finally let me go as he sat on the bed. I wiped my face off and scooted towards the door where I continued to keep my hand over my stomach. "You stuck with me Ashely Justice doesn't want you anymore what part of that don't you get?"

I just looked away not saying anything. Because Justice and I broke up I had nowhere to go so I was basically forced to live with him. Every day I'm here I regretted what I did to Justice.

"I know you hear me talking to you bitch," He got up and yanked me up by my hair once again. "I'll kill you and that nigga," He hissed in my face. "Ole nothing ass bitch and your baby gon be just like you." When he said that I did the only thing I could and spit directly in his eye.

When I did that he threw me towards the wall and I fell hitting my back. Before I could stand Rico send a hard kick to my stomach causing me to scream loudly.

"What you screaming for huh?" He wrapped his big hands around my hair and drug me into the bathroom. I tried my hardest to get away because I already knew what he was about to do.

"Please Rico please," I begged as he drug me into the tub and turned on the cold water. I could feel my baby start to stir as I began to hold my breath. Before I knew it he was holding me under the water by my hair trying to drown me. He did that as a form of punishment when I did something he didn't like.

As I began to lose my breath I started to throw myself around attempting to get out of grasp. I could hear him above me say something but I couldn't make out what. I never let one of my hands from in front of my stomach but I started to fight back.