Lecturing A Toddler

After they had been out running errands and shopping for a while they were now checking out at the last store. They had been shopping and gone all day.  Evie was now holding Mal as she noticed Mal beginning to grow restless as she became cranky as she had missed her  nap and Evie remembered how toddlers need naps otherwise they become cranky and tired. Which was why she had wanted to leave Mal back at the dorm with Ben, but Ben had messed up and she didn't trust anyone to watch her anymore. Which meant that Mal had to stay with her while she shopped. As she watched Mal begin to grow cranky she knew that she was going to have to put Mal to bed early as soon as they got back to the dorms as she had missed her nap and was growing cranky. 

  "Ebie I hunwy. I wan go. I wan foo. I wan go. I wan go. I wan go," Mal cried as she began to kick and scream in her older sister's arms causing a big scene in the store. Evie sighed in frustration and embarrassment as she tried to calm the screaming toddler and stop people from staring at her.

  "Mal stop this okay. We are leaving soon. We just need to finish checking out and then we can leave and get something to eat. And after that we will go back to the dorm and it will be bedtime for you since you missed your nap and it's getting late anyway," Evie told the screaming girl as she wanted her little sister to stop screaming and causing a scene as people were giving her judgemental and dirty looks.

   This just caused the young girl to scream more as she didn't want to sleep. "Nooo I no wanna sweep. I no sweepy an I hunwy now. I wanna weabe now," Mal screamed as she became more cranky and hungry. Evie just stood there embarrassed as she held the screaming toddler who she couldn't seem to calm down.

   Evie became even more embarrassed and upset when the lady behind them with her behaved kids just turned to face her. "Ugh What is wrong with you. You need to control your child. This is a public store and you are allowing her to just throw a tantrum.  My children would never act like disrespectful little brats like that in public. You are clearly too young and irresponsible to be raising a child as you can't even discipline your child while she is misbehaving. She wouldn't be acting like this if you learned how to be a more responsible parent. This is why teenagers shouldn't be parents," the older mother told the embarrassed young teen in disgust as she watched the girl fail to calm down the screaming toddler.

    "Excuse me. I am sorry for the way she is acting. She missed her nap today.  I am trying to discipline her, but what do you want me to do? Do you want me to yell at her in a public store with a bunch of people around and start another scene. And I'm her sister not her mom. I am watching her since my mother lives on an Island with a barrier on it and someone has to look after her. Also how dare you call her a brat. She is only two years old. She doesn't know any better and your children look way older than that. I'm sure when your kids were two they acted the same way. Also why don't you just mind your own business and leave me alone. How I choose to parent has nothing to do with you," the young teen told the older woman in annoyance and anger as the lady was judging her and getting into her business that she had no business being in.

    Before the lady could say more they finished scanning all the items and bagging them while Evie just paid for it and rushed out quickly eager to get out of the store as everyone was still watching her with judgemental looks as the toddler continued to throw her tantrum. She just left quickly as she loaded the car and set up the car seat. She then placed her sister in the purple car seat as she drove back to Auradon Prep, but before that she stopped somewhere so that she could feed her sister and eat something as she wasn't planning on going to the dining hall for dinner and was just going to stay in her dorm and probably sleep early as she had school the next day and had woken up super early due to Mal waking her up.

     As soon as they got back to Auradon Prep Evie immediately went straight for her dorm as she began to scold and discipline her sister for acting badly in public. She placed the girl in her crib as she began to scold her.

  "Mal you cannot act like that in public. That is embarrassing and it makes us look bad. People already think that we are bad people who misbehave and by doing that you are just proving them as right which they are not. Also it makes me look really bad since to most people I'm too young to be raising a child full time. And people already don't like that I am raising you, so if you want me to keep raising you then you need to listen to me especially when we are in public otherwise it will just prove to everyone that I can't raise you and they will take you from me. Do you want that?" Do you want to live with a complete stranger instead of your big sister all because you didn't want to listen to me in the store?" Evie scolded and asked her sister as she didn't like how Mal didn't listen to her in the store and made her look bad when she had spent a lot of time convincing people that she was responsible enough to raise her sister.

   The small toddler just looked at her sister in sadness as she began to cry not liking how her big sister was scolding her and angry at her. "I sowwy. I wan you. I no wan a swanwer. I be goow," the small toddler cried as she reached for her big sister afraid of losing her as she was mad at her.

   Evie just picked up the small girl as she tried to calm her and soothe her. "Mal I don't like having to scold you, but you need to know that you can't act like that in public it makes me look bad and it makes you look bad. And you also cannot and I mean cannot just wander off by yourself. I almost lost you today and that is scary. I was afraid I was never going to see you again. I don't know what I would have done if I had lost you for good in that store," she cried as she told her small sister and placed her back in the crib wanting her to sleep early.

   Evie smiled a bit when Mal laid down in the crib as she held onto her new purple dragon stuffed animal and sucked her thumb as she fell asleep. She just sighed sadly as she wiped away some of the tears that were still on the toddlers cheeks. She didn't like having to scold and discipline Mal, but the lady at the store was right she couldn't just let Mal get away with acting badly and throwing a tantrum in the store. She had to discipline her otherwise she would do it again and never learn her lesson.

   She just watched her sister sleep as she began to quietly work on her designing as she still needed to keep up with her business especially now that she had a toddler to support. She also began to worry about what she was going to do tomorrow when she had to go back to school. She just sighed as she decided to just let herself relax a bit and fall into her work while her tiny sister slept and took a nap. She loved her sister, but taking care of a toddler was very tiring and she was honestly worried about the next day when she would have to go to school as she had no clue what she was going to do with her tiny sister. Her mind just filled with worries as she began to drift off falling asleep at her desk as she was exhausted from waking up super early and shopping all day with her energetic and curious sister. She just knew that tomorrow was going to be a long day with it being the first school day since Mal had been reverted back to her real age and it was going to be a big challenge.