A Frustrating Doctor's Visit

The toddler woke up as soon as Evie shook her and the small girl immediately started her screaming again when she saw the nurse. "No! No! No!" The small girl screamed out as she thrashed around in Evie's arms.

    Evie just sighed as she rocked the tiny toddler and then placed her down. "Come on sweetie. They just want to measure your height and check your weight. You can do that right sweetie?" Evie told the small toddler who just silently nodded as she stopped crying, but still held on tightly to Evie's hand.

     Evie just smiled a bit as she led Mal to the scale and let go of Mal's hand, but that immediately made the small toddler start to cry again as she reached for Evie's hand and climbed off the scale before they could get an accurate reading. "Mommy no we go!" The toddler cried out, making Evie grab the toddler's hand again and lead Mal right back to the scale.

    As soon as Evie led Mal back to the scale Uma grabbed Evie and held her back from getting to the toddler once Evie let go of Mal's tiny hand and Uma could see the way Evie was looking at the toddler as she tried to reach out for the small girl again and Uma was annoyed. They hadn't even gotten past the easiest part yet. The small two year old tried to get off the scale again, but Uma just gave her a look immediately scaring the toddler into staying on the scale, so the nurse could get her weight.

    The nurse just frowned as she wrote down the number making Evie sigh as she knew Mal's weight was still really low. When they finished getting her weight Evie just picked Mal up as she walked with her over to the height chart and this time Evie kept holding onto Mal's hand. The nurse then frowned yet again as she wrote down the information and led them into the exam room.

      When they reached the exam room Evie just hugged the small toddler close to her before handing the toddler to Uma. "Hey there sweetie mommy loves you but I have to go do something really quickly, but can you stay here with Uma until I get back," Evie told the small toddler as she didn't want to be in the exam room again as she hated seeing Mal upset and wanted to make Uma do it by herself.

      Uma didn't even hesitate as she practically shoved the toddler at Evie. "Oh no you don't princess! You are not making me deal with it by myself! It's your pet, you take responsibility for it!" Uma screamed out to Evie as she was so irritated and she couldn't believe that not only was Evie making her the bad one, but now Evie wanted to skip out on this all together.

       Evie just rolled her eyes as she picked up Mal and bounced her a bit while quietly humming her favorite song Space Between in order to calm her more. Evie then looked at Uma. "She's not a pet, will you stop saying that!" Evie told Uma in frustration, making Uma just smirk as she was about to say something back, but was interrupted by the irritated nurse that still had to finish examining the toddler before she could leave to see other patients and before the doctor could even come in.

        "Okay are you two children done fighting because I still have to finish examining the actual patient so that I can move on and see other patients. And if you two don't stop and let me do my job then I am going to have to ask you two to leave the room and let me finish my job without you two present because I have other patients and this is taking forever. We can't even send in the doctor until we finish this part first," the irritated nurse told the two teens immediately causing Evie to look embarrassed as she placed Mal on the exam table and grabbed her tiny hand letting her know she was still there. "I am so sorry. I'm usually very well behaved, but I just get so crazy when I have to see Mal in pain because I hate seeing her so scared and crying, but I promise we will behave now," Evie told the nurse in her sweet voice making the nurse just sigh and nod her head in approval as she took out the measuring tape to exam Mal's head and brain growth.

The Truthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें