Comfort During A Nightmare

Evie had fallen asleep for a few hours and was woken up when she heard crying. She immediately shot up in confusion as she had been so tired that she forgot where she was for a second. She looked around in confusion until she realized that it was three in the morning and she was at her desk.

Before she could really process anything from her exhausted mind she heard the crying again. This time she began to focus and wake up as she realized that the crying was her baby sister. She just rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she ran towards the crib.

She found her tiny sister crying and thrashing around in her sleep. She began to cry as she watched the young girl cry and thrash. She cried more when the small toddler began to scream in her sleep. "Nooo wet go. Stop you huwt me. I wan Ebie. Ebie noo. No weabe. No weabe. I no wanna wib wif swanwer," the tiny toddler cried and screamed as she had a nightmare.

Evie immediately grabbed the small girl from her crib as she began to soothe her and wake her up. "Shhh Mal it's okay. It's just a nightmare, it's not real. I'm here Mal I promise. I'm not going anywhere. No one is going to take you away. Come on baby girl wake up it's okay you're safe don't worry," Evie told the small girl in her soft gentle voice as she began to rock her back and forth to calm her.

After a few more seconds the tiny toddler opened her eyes as she just clung on tightly to her big sister. "Ebie no weabe. Scawy wawy wif poiny on heaw an big sick se huw me. No weabe. I no sweep in cwib. I wan sweep wif you. I scawd. I no sweep I scawd. Se gonna huw me," the small toddler cried as she clung onto her sister not wanting to be without her after her scary nightmare.

Evie just tried not to cry as she tried to comfort her sister. She knew exactly what Mal had been dreaming of it was Maleficent. She couldn't believe that even when Mal didn't know who she was Maleficent still managed to harm and mess with Mal. She just tightened her grip on her sister as she continued to rock her.

"It's okay Mal. The mean scary lady can't get to you I promise. It's okay I'm here. I'm not leaving. I will never leave you okay. You are safe trust me. And don't worry Mal you can sleep with me tonight. I won't make you sleep in the crib if you're scared. And you know what we don't have to sleep right now. I know you're scared so let's just watch some cartoons until you feel ready to sleep," Evie told her terrified sister as she comforted her.

Mal just stopped crying as she continued to cling onto her sister for protection. "Weawy an you pomise," Mal asked her big sister as she continued to cling to her tightly. Evie just smiled a bit as she walked towards one of the bags and pulled out a random kids cartoon DVD that she had bought as she put it in and then sat down on the floor holding onto Mal.

It didn't take long for Mal to fall asleep as she slept in Evie's warm protective embrace. Evie smiled when she watched the toddler who had peacefully fallen asleep on her. And a few seconds later Evie began to drift off into sleep with her arms still around her little sister in comfort and protection.

Evie was woken up yet again, by a loud knock on her door. She noticed that the tiny toddler was still sleeping on her as she picked her up carefully not to wake her as they hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and she wanted Mal to still get some more sleep in. Especially since toddlers were supposed to get a lot of sleep.

She just sighed as she went to answer the door. She was surprised when she saw Lonnie, Audrey, and Jane all dressed and at her door with backpacks on. "Um Evie you know it's Monday right?" Audrey told her new friend as she noticed that Evie was still in pajamas and her hair was a mess plus she was holding onto the sleeping toddler who was also in pajamas.

Evie just gasped as she remembered that she had forgotten about school. "Oh My Gosh. I totally forgot about school. Oh no I need to get dressed now. I'm going to be so late. Um do one of you mind holding her for a bit while I get dressed really quickly. Just don't wake her up and it should be really easy. And if she does wake up either put on the TV or come get me," Evie told her friends in panic as she couldn't believe that she had forgotten about school and only had like twenty minutes to get herself and Mal ready. Which was not nearly enough time.

Audrey just looked at the desperate girl as she sighed and placed her backpack on the ground then took the tiny girl from Evie. She was surprised by how light and tiny the young toddler was. She looked so innocent and adorable. She couldn't believe that she was ever threatened by the small girl. The other teens all laughed as they watched Evie stumble around quickly as she searched for an outfit to throw on really quickly.

She took about fifteen minutes to quickly get dressed and do her hair and makeup which didn't look as nice as it usually did as she was forced to rush. She then grabbed a diaper, a purple shirt with a dragon on it and a green and purple skirt as she quickly grabbed the toddler from Audrey, so that she could change her.

Evie managed to change Mal quickly, as Mal was still asleep, but as soon as Evie tried to do Mal's hair the tiny girl woke up and began to fight and cry as she didn't like it when Evie brushed her hair. "Stop Ebie dat huws. Stop id," the small girl screamed at her big sister as she tried to pull away from the brush making it worse.

Evie just sighed in frustration as she didn't have time to deal with Mal not cooperating with her. She only had three minutes to finish brushing Mal's hair and leave the dorm. "Mal I know it hurts, but I don't have time to do anything else. Please just deal with the pain for today and I promise that I will wake up earlier from now on, so that I can actually spend time on your hair and it won't hurt," Evie told the small girl as she continued to try and brush her hair.

After about another minute of two of trying to brush Mal's hair Evie just decided that it was good enough as she picked up the toddler and left the bathroom. "Wow I'm impressed. I didn't think you would be able to get ready that quickly. Also what are you planning on doing with Mal?" Lonnie told and asked the girl as she was surprised that the fashion girl managed to be completely ready in less than twenty minutes.

Evie just laughed at her shocked friends. "Yeah well when you live on the Isle and your mom is obsessed with beauty as mine is you learn to dress quickly. Also what do you mean what do I plan on doing with Mal?" Evie asked confused about what her friend was talking about.

Jane just smiled at Evie. "Um Evie you know that you can't take Mal with you to school. Kids are a distraction and you can't focus on school while also trying to watch your tiny two year old sister. But I know this great day care center that you can take her to," Jane told her friend as she watched how the small girl just stayed close to Evie refusing to let go.

Evie just sighed as she looked at Jane. "I don't know how I feel about taking her to daycare. She doesn't like being away from me. And there are so many other kids there, and Mal is shy around people she doesn't know. Plus she is going to freak out. And everytime I leave her with someone else something bad happens," Evie told her friends as she watched her tiny sister continue to cling to her.

"Evie I think you're overreacting. Mal will be fine. It's a place with responsible adults who are used to working with children this isn't just some stupid teenage boys who clearly don't know how to watch children. Now come on we are going to be late for school and we need to drop Mal off at daycare," Audrey told her friend as she tried to comfort her fears about leaving Mal at daycare.

Evie just sighed as she grabbed her bag and followed the others towards the daycare and then after that school. "Okay fine. But I'm warning you she is going to freak out when we do this," Evie told her friends as they reached the daycare.

The daycare lady smiled when she saw Evie. As she handed her a form to sign in order to leave Mal at the daycare. When she was done she turned to face her tiny sister. She took a deep breath. "Mal I need you to go with this nice lady. I need to go to school and I can't take you with me. You will have a great time here okay. And I will be back before you know it," Evie told her tiny sister in a calm gentle voice as she tried to calm her down.

Mal just started screaming and crying super loudly as she clung on tighter to Evie. "nooo no weabe. I no wanna be hewe. No weabe, no weabe, no weabe. Ebie no. I scawew no weabe pwease," Mal cried as she tried to grab for her sister, but was held back by the daycare lady who picked her up and brought her in the back with all the other kids.

Evie just cried as she watched her small sister cry for her and beg her to stay. As she just wanted to grab her tiny sister and leave. She hated this. Daycare was a terrible idea. "Okay well that was harder than I thought it would be, but we have school lets go. She's going to be fine," Audrey told the crying girl as she dragged her out of the day care building as Evie didn't move as she just stayed where she was and dragged her towards their class. While Jane and Lonnie just followed silently as they were definitely not expecting to see Mal react that way.