Toddler Tantrums

As soon as Evie left the boys just laughed as they thought it was hilarious how overprotective and crazy Evie was acting and they thought she was just over reacting. It couldn't be that hard to keep a two year old entertained for a day. "So should we wake her up now or wait a bit?" Carlos asked Jay as he looked at the sleeping toddler.

  Before Jay could respond they heard a small squeaky voice call out. "Mommy?" the tiny girl called out sleepily as she looked around in confusion not seeing Evie, but instead her two older brothers that she wasn't that close to. She began to cry when she realized that Evie wasn't in the room at all and she wanted her.

   The two boys just looked at each other not knowing what to do. They weren't used to crying and emotions. That was usually Evie's department, but Evie wasn't here and that was the reason she was crying. "You get her. I'm not good with feelings and crying," Jay told Carlos as he pushed him towards the crib, so he could calm down the crying two year old.

   Carlos just looked at Jay with a glare as he didn't know how to deal with that either. He just took a deep breath as he picked up the crying toddler. "Hey there Mal. It's me Carlos , your big brother. Evie had to go out. She will be back later tonight, but that means you get to spend the whole day with your cooler big brothers," Carlos told the toddler trying to get her to stop crying it didn't work though as it only made her cry more.

   "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! I wan mommy! I wan mommy! I no wan you! I wan mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" the tiny girl screamed and cried out as she threw a tantrum wanting Evie to come back. The boys just covered their ears from the loud screaming.

   "Dude, make her stop," Jay told Carlos as his ears were hurting from the tiny girl screaming and crying. Carlos just looked at Jay with an annoyed and frustrated look. "I'm trying, but she won't calm down. You try it's your turn I'm not doing everything we both agreed to this," Carlos told the older boy in annoyance as Jay was making him do everything when they both agreed to do it.

   Jay just groaned as he looked at the screaming girl. "Hey Mal stop this. No more screaming. Stop acting like a baby. Evie isn't coming back until later and you can't just cry and scream for her. We are staying the whole day and that isn't changing. Now stop throwing your tantrum," Jay screamed at the young girl as he was frustrated and didn't realize that he couldn't talk to a toddler like that. He was so used to the older Mal. The one who would never be afraid of some screaming and in fact would fight back, but this wasn't the same Mal.

   She was a two year old girl who didn't like yelling. The yelling scared her. Mal just looked at Jay who was yelling at her. He was scaring her and she needed safety.  She just cried more as she grabbed her dragon and made a mad dash under Evie's bed and crawled as far back as she could, so that Jay couldn't get to her.

    Carlos just looked at Jay in anger. "Dude what is wrong with you? You can't talk to a toddler like that. You scared her. Great now how are we supposed to get her out. There is no way either of us could fit under there," Carlos told Jay in anger as he walked towards the bed and realized that it was too small for them to fit under and she was too far back for them to reach her.

    Jay just looked at Carlos feeling guilty as he had seen how scared he made the tiny girl. He didn't mean to scare her. He just wanted to make her stop screaming and crying. Being stern with her used to work. He forgot that he was talking to a baby and not a sixteen year old girl. He just walked towards the bed and bent down, so that he could talk to the scared little girl. "Hey Mal I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Can you please just come out from under the bed and we can go get something to eat. Are you hungry Mal?" Jay told the toddler in his calm voice trying to calm the scared girl and get her out from under the bed.