Bye Bye Binkie

About two hours later Mal was now sleeping on the floor with her dragon and pacifier while Olivia was quietly playing with Mal's toys waiting for her mommy and daddy to come back. A few minutes later they heard a knock on the door as Olivia's parents were there to get Olivia.

  Evie smiled when she opened the door and Olivia went running into her mommy's arms. The mother smiled as she looked at Evie. "How was it? Was she good? Did you have any trouble?" The older mother asked the young teen wanting to know if her daughter was well behaved.

   Evie just smiled at the mom as she answered her. "No she was no trouble. She is very well behaved. We did have a problem at the park though they were talking to some stranger, but I dealt with it and told them about the dangers of doing that. Also I don't want to judge, but Mal mentioned to me that Olivia still has her pacifier. I was just wondering why you still let her have it since I've been trying to get Mal off of hers," Evie told the older mom as she was curious as to why another parent would allow their almost five year old to still use a pacifier.

    The mom just laughed at Evie. "Oh well you know kids. It's not bothering anyone and she only uses it at home. She will eventually grow out of it, so why force it. She'll give it up when she's ready. And hey it's better than her sucking her thumb. Anyway, thank you for watching her. I'm sure they had fun. Bye see you Monday," the older mom told the teen as she grabbed her daughter's hand and left.

     Evie just let out a fake smile not wanting to say anything to the mom afraid of saying something bad. As soon as she was sure the mom was gone she rolled her eyes as she didn't like the way that mother was parenting. She wasn't one to usually judge others especially parents, but this mom was acting like it was no big deal she was letting her almost five year old daughter use a pacifier. And now her daughter was trying to influence Mal and she would not stand for it.

    Mal was giving up that pacifier and there was no way that she would ever allow Mal to become like Olivia. You can't just let kids give things up on their own. If it was up to the kids they would never give things up. With the way Olivia's mom was parenting Olivia will be using that pacifier until she's an actual adult. Evie would never become like Olivia's parents.

   That kind of parenting is why there are so many spoiled and lazy brats in Auradon like Chad. Chad's parents probably babied him and allowed him to do what he wanted and now he is a spoiled jerk who uses others to do his own work. Evie would never let Mal become one of those spoiled and jerky Auradon brats.

    She had already made up her mind the pacifier will be completely gone before tomorrow. Evie just sighed knowing that this was going to be torture. She grabbed the pacifier from the crib and carefully took the pacifier from the sleeping toddler and grabbed one of her scissors. She took a deep breath as she knew Mal would probably hate her for this, but it was for her own good.  She then used the scissors to cut off the tips of the pacifiers. She knew Mal was going to freak out when she woke up, but Evie needed to be firm with Mal.

    And the other two attempts of getting rid of the pacifier didn't work. Taking it didn't work Evie couldn't do it. And limiting where Mal took it didn't work she just snuck her pacifier anyway. That was it she was running out of ways to do this. It would be easier to just break  the pacifier and throw it away. Mal couldn't use the pacifier if it was broken, and she would eventually just give up on wanting one.

  Evie sighed when Mal began to stir on the floor as she woke up. The toddler began to freak out when she realized her pacifier was gone. "Paci! Mommy wewe paci? I wan paci! Paci! Paci! Paci!" the young toddler screamed out as she began to throw a fit for her missing pacifier.

   Evie just sighed in frustration as she held up the broken pacifiers. "Mal stop this. Your pacifiers are gone. You don't need a pacifier. You are too old for one and these are broken. And I don't care about Olivia having a pacifier. I'm not Olivia's parents. If Olivia's parents want to be bad parents and let their almost five year old still use a pacifier then that's on them. I am the one in charge of you not Olivia's parents and I'm telling you that the pacifier is for babies and it's bad for you. You can cry all you want, but I'm not getting you another pacifier," Evie told the toddler in her stern voice as she took the broken pacifiers and threw them away.

    Mal just looked at Evie as she continued to cry. "You a meanie. I no wike you no mow mommy. I gonna wun away," the tiny girl told Evie as she grabbed her dragon toy and headed towards the door, not even looking at Evie. Evie just rolled her eyes at the toddler who clearly was just pouting and had no clue how to even open a door. "Okay if that's how you feel then go ahead," Evie told the toddler as she opened the door calling the two year old's bluff. She knew the toddler would never actually leave, but she wanted the two year old to understand that she wasn't going to give in to her.

   The toddler just looked at Evie in sadness as she grabbed her dragon and left the room. Evie just sighed as she closed the door, but she wasn't worried as she had a tracker on the toddler and according to the tracker the toddler was sitting right outside her door. She was just going to let the toddler sit there until she came to her senses.

    Evie smiled when after about five minutes she heard a tiny knock on the door. Evie just opened it to see the tiny toddler who was now crying as she ran straight into Evie's arms. "Mommy I sowy. I wob you. I no wanna wun away. I miss you. Pwese wet me wib wif you aben," the tiny girl told Evie as she clung to her. She was afraid out there by herself.

    Evie just smiled at the toddler as she held her and bounced her a bit. "Mal it's okay. I forgive you. And of course you can live here again. You were never kicked out. I do want you to know that I won't just be allowing you to act bad. You need to listen to me when I tell you things. I know what's good for you, and trust me Mal the pacifier isn't good for you. I know it soothes you, but you know what else soothes you your stuffed dragon. And Mal your dragon is good for you and I won't take it from you. And you can take your dragon anywhere you want to," Evie told the toddler as she went back into her dorm with the toddler.

    When they got back in Evie placed the toddler on the ground. Mal just looked at Evie as she held her dragon close to her. "stawbewy I no nee paci. I hab you," the toddler told her dragon as she smiled and cuddled with it. Evie smiled as she had finally gotten rid of the stupid pacifier.

   Evie just laughed as she sat by the toddler picking up one of the girl's toys, so she could play with the toddler. She smiled when the toddler laughed as she grabbed her dragon and began to play with her. Mal was so happy to be playing stuffed animals with her mommy. She loved when Evie played with her which Evie had been doing more now that she no longer was behind in her work. Since she was going to school again and so the time she spent catching up on school was now free time that she could use to play with the toddler.

  And Evie had started to limit how much Tv time she gave Mal when she started doing research and realized how bad too much TV could be for young kids. And so she was making sure that Mal had plenty of time to play with her toys as she also saw how crucial it was for young kids to play and use their imagination. 

  After about an hour of playing they went to the dining hall to eat dinner with their friends and family. When they were done Evie took the toddler back and bathed her getting her ready for bed. Then she placed the toddler in the crib with her dragon Strawberry which Evie thought was a ridiculous name for a purple dragon, but she would never tell that to the toddler.

   She then tucked the tiny girl in and kissed her forehead. Just as she was about to walk away Mal called out for her. "Mommy stowy pwease," the tiny girl called out as she wanted Evie to read to her. Evie just smiled as she grabbed one of the children's books she bought and sat down by the crib, so she could read to the toddler.

   She smiled when the toddler fell asleep once she finished the book. She just ran her fingers through the tiny girl's hair as she got up and went towards her bed to sleep. She really did love the tiny girl, but she needed a break and she was so ready for tomorrow when the boys would be watching Mal. She would get to hang out with her friends and get pay back from all the teasing that the boys have been giving her ever since she became Mal's guardian.