Meeting Snow White

Evie and Doug both smiled as they watched the tiny toddler who had passed out on top of them from all of the excitement of their tickle fight. It was a bit weird for Doug to be sitting next to Evie with a small toddler sleeping half way on him and half way on Evie, but he kinda liked it.

     Evie smiled as she ran her fingers through the sleeping toddler's hair and then looked at Doug. "She's adorable when she's sleeping huh? Not that she isn't always adorable, but when she's sleeping she's the most adorable little thing I've ever seen. Thank you so much for your help. I know this is probably hard for you. You know being with someone who is basically a mom, but I really appreciate you still staying around," Evie told her boyfriend with a smile.

      Doug just smiled as he looked at Evie. "It's no problem Evie. I don't mind helping. And thank you for agreeing to go meet my family today despite how much you dislike Snow White. I really appreciate that," Doug told Evie with a smile. Evie just laughed as she looked at the time. "No problem, but what time do we need to leave," Evie asked Doug. Doug just smiled as he picked up his phone to check the time. "We should probably leave now actually. It takes like almost an hour to get there and it starts in like an hour," Doug told his girlfriend with a smile.

       Evie just laughed as she picked up the sleeping toddler and grabbed the diaper bag. "Okay well then let's go. We can take my car since Mal's car seat is already set up there. And I think it would be best if we leave while she's still napping because she hates car rides," Evie told Doug with a smile as she headed towards her door to leave.

       Doug just laughed as he followed Evie out the door as they headed towards her car. When they got to the car Evie carefully placed the sleeping toddler in her car seat as she buckled her up and then got into the driver's seat while Doug got into the front seat as Evie drove towards where Doug told her to go.

       When they reached their location Evie smiled as she got out of the car and carefully shook the small toddler to wake her up. "Hey sweetie. It's time to get up," Evie gently told the two year old as she unbuckled her and picked her up.

       Mal just looked around in confusion as she didn't recognize where they were. They had been in their home before she fell asleep and now they were somewhere else and she didn't understand why, but it was scaring her. Mal just started crying as she held onto Evie in fear of the unfamiliar location.

       Evie just looked at the crying toddler as she held her closer to her. She had no clue why Mal was crying. "Aw baby girl. What's wrong?" Evie asked the toddler in her gentle voice trying to soothe her. The small toddler just looked up at Evie. "Mommy! I scawew! I no no wew we aw! The toddler cried out while clinging to Evie.

        Evie just smiled a bit as she ran her fingers through Mal's hair in comfort. "It's okay sweetie. We are at Doug's family home. There is nothing to be scared of. Now come on let's go inside," Evie told the toddler as she grabbed the diaper bag and followed Doug inside of his family home.

         As soon as they entered the house they were greeted by Doug's younger cousins who had been waiting for Doug since they always had a lot of fun with him as he was the oldest. The younger kids all shared a look as they put on a teasing smile while looking at their older cousin who had his arm around some girl.  "Doug! Ooooh who's the girl? Is she your girlfriend? Doug has a girlfriend, Doug has a girlfriend, Doug has a girlfriend," Doug's younger cousins screamed out while teasing him.

       Doug just rolled his eyes at his immature younger cousins while Evie laughed, holding the toddler closer to her while trying to hide her from the kids who were scaring the toddler. She didn't want them to see the two year old.

      "Yes Evie is my girlfriend. Now can you guys back up a bit. You're making her uncomfortable," Doug told his younger cousins as he noticed how uncomfortable and nervous Evie was looking as she was trying to shield the toddler and keep her hidden from his younger cousins. The kids just ignored him as they got closer to Evie.

      "Oh come on Doug. We just want to meet your girlfriend. Your name is Evie right? You're one of those villain kids brought over from the Isle! We learned about that in school! That's so cool! What's it like on the Isle?" The kids all rambled out to Evie not even realizing how rude they were being or how insensitive they were being either as they were still just kids and they hadn't been taught much about how horrible the Isle was.

       Evie just looked at Doug having no clue what to say to the kids and she just wanted to get away from the awkward and uncomfortable situation, but she didn't want to be rude to the younger kids. Doug just looked at his cousins as he couldn't believe how rude they were being towards his girlfriend. "Hey stop, leave Evie alone! You guys know better than to ask personal questions like that! That's rude!" Doug told his cousins sternly. The kids all just looked down feeling guilty as they hadn't meant to be rude they were just curious because they had never met anyone that was from the Isle and they wanted to know more about it.

       Before the kids could apologize the small toddler in Evie's arms that Evie had been doing a good job at hiding decided to make herself known as she began to cry from Doug's harsh voice. That immediately perked the kids back up as they ran towards Evie who was rocking the crying toddler as they were full of curiosity once again.

     "Hey is that a baby? That's so cool! Is she yours? Are you a teen mom? She's adorable. Can we play with her? Please! Please! Please," the kids all screamed out talking over each other with their questions as they were curious.

       Evie just sighed as she tried to soothe her crying sister, but it wasn't working as the kids were still screaming and being loud. Before Evie could do anything to stop the kids or soothe her baby sister she came face to face with Snow White who had heard all of the commotion and had walked over to find the daughter of the woman who tried to kill her looking angry while holding a crying toddler and being surrounded by the kids that she considered to be like her nieces and nephews.

         Snow White didn't even hesitate as she looked at all of the kids who were hanging around and talking to the "evil" girl.  "Can you kids go play somewhere else?I have to talk to my step sister in private," Snow White told the kids with a fake smile as she said her next words full of venom from the words. The kids immediately smiled at their "aunt" as they got up and left to go play outside. Doug didn't even move as he put his arm around Evie. Snow White just looked at Doug. "You too Doug. I want to talk to just her," Snow White told Doug who just ignored her as he stayed with Evie not wanting to leave her alone with Snow White.

          "No I'm not leaving Evie alone. And you're not talking to her. I don't want you to hurt my girlfriend more," Doug told Snow White. Evie just smiled a bit at Doug as she glared at Snow White. "Don't worry about it Doug. I can handle myself. And I want to talk to her. I have some things I need to say to her. Now go be with your family I'll be right there as soon as I'm done talking with her," Evie told her boyfriend with a reassuring smile as she hugged him. And then released him allowing him to go find his family in the other room.

     As soon as Doug left Snow White and Evie just stared at each other both not talking as they were both angry at each other and didn't trust each other one bit. And it didn't help that the toddler in Evie's arms was still sobbing no matter how much Evie was trying to soothe her, making Snow White give her a dirty look while looking at the toddler in pity and sadness as if blaming Evie.

     "So what do you have to say to me?" Evie asked the older woman with venom in her voice finally breaking the silence as she was ready to finally confront the woman who tried to take her baby sister from her and thought she was an evil child abuser. She was ready to prove to Snow White how wrong she was.