How They Met

Author's Note: TW Mentions of Child Abuse

Everyone stared in awe as the big black screen appeared out of thin air due to Mal's magic.

  "Wow you actually did it," Audrey exclaimed surprised that Mal was actually able to summon up a Tv screen."

   "I told you I could," Mal told Audrey in an excited voice.

"Okay whatever just show us already. I'm getting bored," Chad said in an annoyed voice as he was still struggling with being friendly with the Vks and was only hanging out with them so he wouldn't be alone when all his "friends" were hanging out.

  Mal rolled her eyes at Chad's annoyed attitude. "Okay be patient it takes a few minutes to start," Mal said annoyed by the older boy's impatient attitude.

"Look its starting," Lonnie exclaimed as the screen went from black to projecting an image of a run down dirty island. Everyone stared at the screen sadly preparing for the harsh things they were all about to see.

                                                          On The Screen

  A young six year old Evie was running around on the isle in search of some food. She hadn't eaten in at least a week and her stomach was hurting from the lack of food. She was in serious need of something to eat. To make things worse her cheeks still burned from the slap she got from her mom for not doing her makeup right and smudging her mascara. She began to cry as she had been searching for at least an hour now and was starting to lose any hope of finding something to ease her hunger a little. Just as she was about to just go home empty handed and hungry she found a small piece of moldy bread. She smiled a little bit as she began to reach for the moldy bread. Just as her hand picked up the small piece of food a taller boy a seven year old Jay came running out of nowhere and stole the bread from her hands.

"HEY, STOP IT!" The young girl screamed at the older boy as she tried to take the bread back from the boy. "NO WAY I'M STARVING IT'S MINE!" the boy screamed back at the girl. "NO IT'S MINE I FOUND IT FIRST," she screamed back at him as she began to tackle him to the floor. The two kids continued to wrestle and fight for the tiny piece of food. They were so distracted in their fight that they didn't see the smaller boy who snuck by trying to sneak off with the piece of bread.

  A tiny four year old Carlos had been out looking for food and trying to avoid his horrible mother. He was very small for his age and covered from head to toe in bruises and scratches from his mother. He hadn't eaten in a month and was dying for something to ease his hunger pains. When he witnessed the two older kids fighting for the moldy piece of bread. He knew that he had his chance as they weren't paying attention to anything except fighting with each other. The piece of food was just sitting there on the ground. He grabbed the piece of food and was about to take off with it when he tripped over something.

  Jay and Evie had stopped fighting when they realised that the food was no longer there. They had looked over just in time to see the younger boy trying to run off with the food. Jay had acted fast and stuck out his leg just as the younger boy had started to run off causing him to trip and fall dropping the piece of food. The three kids all ran over to the fallen piece with tears falling down their faces and began to fight for it. "LET GO IT'S MINE I FOUND IT FIRST!" Evie screamed to the two boys."NO I NEED IT!" Jay screamed back. "GIVE IT TO ME I NEED FOOD IT HURTS!" Carlos screamed back. "ME TOO!" Evie yelled. "SAME AS ME!" Jay yelled back at the two.

"Wait why don't we just split it?" Carlos asked the older two sick of fighting and just wanting to eat something. "Why should we do that?" Jay asked not wanting to share especially since he was always taught that he should only look out for himself and no one else. As his dad always says there's no team in I. "Because we are all hungry and this fighting is going nowhere at least if we split it we can all get a little bit of food to eat," the younger boy said in a desperate voice. "Fine we can split it," Evie said knowing that she needed food and she couldn't afford to fight anymore as that last fight had messed up her look and her mom was sure to punish her for it.

Evie grabbed the piece of bread and split it into three giving each of the boys a piece. They all three ate their piece right away. "So what are your names mine is Evie daughter of the Evil Queen ," she told the boys trying to start a conversation other than them fighting over food. "The names Jay son of Jafar," Jay said to the group. "I'm Carlos Cruella's son," Carlos told them. Evie looked over at the other two noticing the scars and bruises covering them. "I guess were all the same," she told them as she revealed her scars to the other two. Jay smiled sadly at them. "I guess we are," he told them. "We should stick together and look out for each other," Evie told them. "We can be a gang," Carlos said agreeing with Evie as he was in desperate need of people to help protect him due to his small size. Jay thought about what they were saying it sounded like a good idea, but his mind kept going back to his dad's mantra about only looking out for himself.

Just as he was about to tell them no that he didn't want to be in some stupid gang he took one look at the younger two and he couldn't do it. For some reason he felt like he wanted to be in a gang with them and protect them. "Let's do it," he said with a smile and put his hand out. The other two smiled as well as they also put their hands out. 

                                                       Screen Goes Black

  "So that's how you guys met?" Ben asked the three. "Yeah it is," Evie told them sadly with tears in her eyes from watching her younger self and the abuse that she went through. Everyone had been crying after that. "But wait," Ben said confused as to why Mal wasn't in that video. "Wait what?" Jay asked not understanding why Ben was confused. "Where was Mal?" Ben asked.