Dinner Time

Fairy Godmother sighed as she watched the young teen who was determined to prove that she was ready to raise a child as she knew that Evie had won. Evie did prove herself to be responsible it just bothered her that she was about to allow a child to raise a child and Evie could claim all she wanted about not being a child, but she was still a child she wasn't eighteen yet which made her still a child to Fairy Godmother.

   "Evie I'm sorry you're right you are responsible enough to handle raising Mal. I will have Ben draw up some guardian papers in the morning and you can have full custody of her," she told the girl.

  She paused as she began to look around the room noticing that Evie was going to need to re decorate and buy some things if she planned on raising Mal as she noticed that Mal's bed would be unsafe for her to sleep in now that she was a tiny toddler. She looked at the girl again as she began to speak to her again.

   "I would also recommend that you get some baby supplies such as toys, clothes, sippy cups, diapers/pull ups, a car seat, stroller, and a crib as she is too young to be sleeping in her bed and she is going to need those supplies. I would also like to make the suggestion that you baby proof this room as it seems like she can still easily access dangerous things including your sewing machine and materials." She told the shocked girl as she pointed to Evie's sewing machine and Mal's spell book which were both just sitting on the table. "Not to mention I would lock up her spell book as I'm pretty sure she still has her magic, and you don't want her to accidentally use it. Now go get her some food I will be back in the morning with the guardianship papers for you to sign," the fairy told the shocked girl watching in amusement as Evie just looked so confused.

    Evie just stared at Fairy Godmother who was walking out of the door. She was in shock as the words sunk in. She had won she was getting full custody of her baby sister. She smiled in happiness as she looked at the fairy. "You mean it. I can really have full custody of Mal?" the teen asked in shock from the fairy's complete change in attitude towards her and her want for custody.

    Fairy Godmother just smiled at the now happy girl. "Yes I mean it you were right. I shouldn't have been so biased. Ben is the same age as you and he is able to run an entire kingdom and while he may not be responsible for actually raising another human being he is expected to  protect a whole kingdom of people. You are definitely responsible enough to have guardianship of Mal," she told the girl as she watched her practically jump up and down with joy. She just laughed as she walked away saying goodbye to the two girls and going to talk to Ben about getting Evie custody papers.

    The teen stopped her excitement when Mal grabbed Evie's sleeve and tugged at it. "Ebie I hungwy," she told the older girl as she began to become agitated from her hunger. Evie just looked at her sister who was tugging at her blue sleeved shirt as she had been so excited with the news that she forgot they were supposed to go get food.

    "Oh my gosh. Mal I'm so sorry. Okay we're gonna go get food now," she told the toddler as she walked back over to turn off the tv as she realized it was still on and she had almost forgotten to turn it off before leaving to go get dinner.

    As they walked to the dinner hall Mal kept pointing to random things and asking Evie what they were. Evie would just smile at her curious and explorative sister as she would answer her questions. It took longer than it normally did for them to reach the dining hall as halfway there Mal had began to squirm as she wanted to walk on her own claiming that she was a big girl and that she could walk. Evie just laughed as Mal's "tough" attitude was still in effect even when she was only two years old. However this also meant that Evie had to wait for the tiny toddler who wasn't able to go as fast as Evie with her tiny legs.

    When they finally reached the dinner hall Mal began to reach her hands up to Evie as she was scared from all the people in the room. "Ebie up," the tiny toddler told her older sister as she wanted Evie to hold her as she didn't like all the new people in the room and she wanted Evie to comfort her like last time.

      Evie just smiled at Mal as she picked her up and began to walk towards her normal table with her brothers and friends she noticed Mal starting to get upset. "Its okay Mal were just gonna go over here so you can meet our brothers and my friends. Don't worry they are nice people. I promise," she told her sister trying to ease her fear as she wanted Mal to get used to Jay, Carlos, her boyfriend Doug, and all of their friends. Especially since she was going to be Mal's guardian and they were going to be a big part of Mal's life as they were a big part of her life and Mal's old life. She couldn't believe that she was actually going to be Mal's guardian the thought just made her so happy.

      When they reached the table Evie smiled at the others as she sat down by her boyfriend placing Mal in her lap. Everyone at the table, which included everyone from earlier excluding Ben who was busy in a meeting, just smiled back at her as they hadn't seen her since she left with Fairy Godmother and Mal a few hours ago.

  "Hey Evie. What did Fairy Godmother want to talk to you about?" Doug asked his girlfriend as he had been worried ever since Fairy Godmother had asked to speak to her alone. Evie's smile faded as she answered him.

   "Oh that, she wanted to talk about giving Mal to strangers basically. She was trying to claim that I was too young and irresponsible to raise Mal and that it would be better to force a scared and very shy not to mention fragile toddler to live with complete strangers and literally take her away from the only people she feels safe with than to allow me her big sister also known as the only person she feels comfortable with right now to raise her. It's okay though because I won," Evie told her boyfriend and the others as she was clearly still angry about Fairy Godmother trying to take Mal from her.

      "What how could she possibly say that. You are one of the most responsible people that I know and what about the fact that Ben is literally king of Auradon and he is the same age as us," Doug practically screamed as he was angered by Fairy Godmother not thinking his girlfriend was responsible enough to take care of her own little sister.

   "I know right that's exactly what I told her, but she kept on insisting that I give Mal up, but I think she eventually gave up as she agreed to let me be Mal's guardian. It didn't matter what she said anyway. She isn't my parent or guardian as I already have a mom and technically I am my own guardian and I can make my own decisions. I was going to become her guardian either way," Evie told them as she was also angry at Fairy Godmother for trying to act like her parent when Evie's mom was on the Isle and she was technically her own guardian. 

    Mal began to get agitated again as she could see the others eating, but she still didn't have any food and she was getting even hungrier. She began to pull on Evie's sleeve again as she tried to gain her attention. "Ebie, Ebie, Ebie I hungwy. I wan foow," the young girl screamed as she began to throw a tantrum over food as she was starving and didn't want to wait anymore for food.

    "Okay Mal calm down okay. I'm going to get us food, but I need you to calm down. Can you stay with Doug while I go get us food?" she asked her sister as she had been so distracted by talking to Doug and also not feeling comfortable leaving Mal that she had completely forgotten that they didn't have food yet. Mal just looked at her big sister as she stopped crying and nodded her head a little bit to tell her that she was fine with staying back with Evie's boyfriend. Evie just smiled at Mal as she picked her up off her lap and handed Mal to Doug before walking off to go get food for the two of them.