Chapter 13 - Finding Blaze

"I was ummm. I was looking for Blaze. Is he home?" Jolie asked in a weak, shaky voice.

She noticed the smell of smoke emanating from his house.

The man that she assumed was Blaze's Dad scoffed. "I haven't seen that worthless piece of shit in a few days. Your guess is as good as mine where the fuck he is. He disappears for days on end, going who knows where with who knows who."

He shook his head and then took another long drink before saying, "But if you find that asshole, tell him I said to get his ass home. I need him to watch his little brother and take care of some shit around here for me."

"Ummm. Yeah," she nodded, swallowing hard. "I'll ummm, I'll tell him."

Then the man stepped back and slammed the door right in her face and it took her a few seconds to catch her breath. That guy was very intimidating. She felt really sorry for Blaze, having to live with someone like that. She had thought her Dad was bad, but that guy made him look like a saint.

She walked back and got in her car before texting Bailey.

'Hey do you know Blaze's phone number by chance? He wasn't home and I really need to talk to him.'

'Sorry I don't.'

'Do you know anybody else that would know it?'

'No, we don't exactly run with the same crowd.'

'Ok. Thanks anyway.'

Jolie took a deep breath in and let it out before driving around downtown, hoping by some miracle she would see Blaze's motorcycle somewhere. She saw a couple motorcycles parked outside of Roller Gals Diner, so she parked and made her way inside.

She looked around and didn't see Blaze but the two rough looking guys he had been sitting with the other day were there. She remembered him saying those guys were like his brothers so if anybody would know where he was it would probably be them.

She took a deep breath in and let it out before hesitantly walking in their direction. The guy on the left was wearing a black leather jacket and you could see a neck tattoo peeking out of it and his head was shaven at the bottom and long on top and his black hair was slicked back.

The guy on the right had on an old pair of jeans with grease stains on them because he had probably been working on cars and a tight white tanktop that showed his large arm muscles that were covered in a sleeve of tattoos. His head was shaved bald all the way to the skin and he looked like he was Hispanic.

As she approached they eventually noticed her and looked over, watching her without saying a word, waiting for her to speak.

"Hi," she said with a awkward wave of her hand. "I'm a friend of Blaze's and I haven't seen him in a few days. I was starting to get worried because he said he was going through some stuff at home. You guys wouldn't happen to know where he is would you?"

The white guy on the left looked her up and down before asking, "You're a friend of Blaze's?" with scrunched eyebrows, like he didn't believe her. "What's your name?"

"Jolie," she said, wrapping her arms around her waist and clasping onto them.

His eyebrows loosened and he nodded his head. "Ahhh. So you're the infamous Jolie. We'veheard a lot about you," he said with a smile that surprised her.

"You have? From who? Blaze?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

She couldn't believe Blaze had been talking to these guys about her. She wondered what he had said.