Chapter 35 - Graduation

***** 6 Months Later *****

"Blaze McDaniels," the announcer called into the microphone and Jolie watched him walk across the stage in his cap and gown, taking his diploma from the Principal and shaking her hand with a big smile on his face.

"Woo hoo!" Jolie cheered for him as she clapped. She was so proud of how hard he had worked to make it here.

Sitting through Austin's Valedictorian speech was like listening to nails scrape across a chalkboard. The Valedictorian speech she had planned out was so much better. His was boring and basic. She looked across the way at Mandy who was four months pregnant and she was crying like crazy.

Austin was still supposed to be going off to Harvard even though Mandy was trying to talk him into switching to a community college close by so they could live together with their baby, close to her parents. Jolie had a feeling he wasn't going to give up Harvard for her and she was going to end up raising the baby alone. Jolie couldn't help but wonder if it was really even Austin's baby. With Mandy she wouldn't be surprised.

When Austin's speech was over Ryan booed. They were complete enemies now and it was no secret that they hated each other. After the graduation ceremony was finally over and she had taken about a million pictures with her family and friends, Jolie was ready to get out of there. It had been a long day. She looked around and couldn't find Blaze and then she spotted him going through a door with a woman into a classroom.

She was trying to keep herself from jumping to conclusions, so she quietly tip-toed over and listened at the door. She could hear Blaze's voice say, "Here's the Vicoden and Oxycodone you wanted. It was hard to get so it's gonna cost you twenty bucks extra this time. They're really cracking down on this shit."

"That's no problem. I appreciate you Blaze, as always. You're a lifesaver."

Jolie heard their footsteps coming towards the door so she stepped back and stood there with her arms crossed across her chest.

When the door opened and Blaze saw her he looked like a deer caught in headlights.

She narrowed her eyes at him and he cleared his throat and said, "Yeah thanks for showing me where to find those diploma covers Paige. I appreciate it," he said, giving the girl a wave as she walked off.

"Diploma covers? Is that the best you could come up with?" Jolie asked, glaring at him.

She pushed his chest so that he went back into the classroom and closed the door behind them, spinning around to face him.

"I know you were in here selling drugs Blaze. I was listening outside the door," she yelled angrily. "What happened to'I'm done with doing things that aren't right for money.' Huh?" she yelled. "I can't believe you've been sneaking around behind my back and selling again!"

He shook his head. "No, it's not what you think."

"What is it then?" she scoffed. "I heard the whole conversation. It was pretty clear."

He took a deep breath in and let it out before saying, "I'm working undercover with the cops to try to bring down Jace and his whole crew. I've been helping them for a few months, but I wasn't allowed to tell anyone, not even you. I had to keep selling and doing runs for Jace so he'd think I was still on his side when I've actually been feeding intel to the police to build a case against him."

"Seriously?" she asked, "How did that happen?"

"You know that time I was supposed to do a gun run for Jace and you tried to talk me out of it?"

She nodded.

"Well, I should've listened because I ended up getting arrested that day and they were going to send me to prison for a long time. Luckily I worked out a deal to help them take down Jace and his whole organization in exchange for having all my charges dropped."