Chapter 18 - The Country Club

The next day Bailey and Jolie were standing in line waiting for lunch when an announcement came over the intercom.

"Attention students. The votes have been tallied and the nominees for Homecoming King are Chaz  Hernandez, Blaze McDaniels, Ryan Gentry and Austin Fox. The nominees for Homecoming Queen are Mandy Reynolds, Jolie Watson, Amber Wright, and Bailey Stark. All nominees will be presented on the field during halftime of the Homecoming Game and the King and Queen will be crowned at the Homecoming dance."

"What?!" Bailey said, scrunching her face up in confusion. "I was nominated for Homecoming Queen?"

Mandy walked by them right then with her group of  friends and they all laughed hysterically before walking away.

Then Bailey's eyes narrowed. "That bitch. I guarantee Mandy's behind this and her and her friends nominated me as some kind of cruel joke to humiliate me in front of the whole school."

"Well then her plan's going to backfire because you've already got Blaze for your date and after your makeover you're gonna be the baddest bitch at that dance and she'll be the one that's humiliated. You wait and see."

Bailey let out an exhale. "I really hope you're right."

***** Jolie's Point of View *****

A couple days later Austin's friend group decided to go swimming at the indoor heated pool at the country club and Austin invited Jolie along because several of the guys were bringing their girlfriends.

She was excited to get to use her new sexy orange bikini for the first time but she was a little nervous about showing so much skin. Even though she was proud of her body now, she wasn't used to showing it off. As soon as she came out of the locker room and Austin saw her in it he smiled, looking her up and down.

"Wow Jolie. You look amazing," he said in awe.

She decided to be playful and do a little spin as he whistled and that made her smile and her cheeks flushed.

Austin's best friend Ryan walked up beside him and hooked an arm around his neck, looking at Jolie.

"Damn Austin. You've got the hottest girl in this place. Better keep a close eye on her or someone might steal her away," he said with a cocky smile, giving her a wink before walking away.

Jolie looked over and was surprised to see Blaze walking up to her.

"Blaze? What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Yeah, I didn't exactly take you for the country club type," Austin laughed.

"I'm not. I work here as a lifeguard now. It pays pretty decent and I needed a legit job to get custody of my brother. This is actually my first day."

"Good for you. That's great!" Jolie told him with a smile. She noticed Austin didn't look as happy for him.

"Thanks, well I better go and get changed. Don't want to be late on my first day. You guys have fun," he said, eyeing Austin's friend group before walking away.

Austin glared at him, watching him walk into the locker room.. "I really hate the fact that your friends with him and that he lives with you."

"Well you're gonna have to get over it. So are you guys ready to swim or what?" she asked the group, not so subtly changing the subject.

"Yeah, let's do it," Ryan said, peeling his shirt off and revealing his tan chest and rippled abs.

Austin took his shirt off too and he was in even better shape than Ryan. She was surprised by how buff all these guys were considering she had found out there was no gym in this town.